Chapter 7

Bo Gum stares at the paper. It is for sure Young Shin's handwriting.

"It was folded very neatly on her desk," Yoo Jung notes, her eyes also glued to the note.

Although his mind is very foggy, he has a hinch. It's very obvious; the person who started murdering again. His father. If anything goes wrong or out of place, Bo Gum would doubt his dad first. Suddenly adrenaline rushes through his body. He wants to go for him. For his father. He's fearful yet determined to meet his father. Mixed emotions runs through him.

Then he meets the eyes of the disquisitive girl beside him.

"You must tell me," she says sternly, but fails to hide the excitement in her voice.

Bo Gum thinks about it. He's going to have to spill it out to her sooner or later. After all, she looks kinda nosy and likes meddling with other people's buisness. He can use that as a weapon, but not a shield. Plus, her innocent, clear, sweet, adorable face......

He shakes the thought off. He can't use her. She's only a young girl that's just joined the police team a week ago. How could he throw her as a bait? Guilt eats him up just by thinking about it.

"Share your thoughts!" Yoo Jung says her words like an advice to Bo Gum.

"Do you have to know?" He asks, trying to sound a little annoyed,

"Yes." She's determined.

He sighs.

"He might be the criminal of this murder case, the person who lives in this house," Bo Gum tells her quietly, pointing at the address. Her eyes are as big as saucers. "What? Why don't you tell our team?"

Bo Gum hesitates. He only plans to reveal half of his secrets. Of course, he knew she is going to keep pushing him until he dumps private information that only he knows. If he reveals, would she be able to stand it and keep her mouth shut to other members? Would she keep it a secret for him?

It's like choosing to tell the truth or to tell a white lie.

"He's a special person to me," he whispers finally.

"He?" She eyes him, sending a how'd-you-know-that look.

Another one spilled.

"Yes, he." He admits.

"You know him personally, am I wrong?"

"No."

"Do you really think he's the guy?"

"Maybe."

She gives a furstrated grunt. "It's gotta be him," she assures herself. Then Chae Young Shin flahses before her mind.

"How about your sister? Does she know him?"

Now, it is Bo Gum's turn to have his noona appear before his vision.

○●○

"Bo Gum ah! Meet your sister!" His mother said excitingly. He was only five years old then, when an adopted girl was added to the family. She was eight ears old then. She had small eyes and nose, and she was as skinny as a stick. She didn't talk very much then, probably because she was aware of this unfamiliar place.

She and Bo Gum stared at each other for a long while.

That's when his father came, smiling at the kids. "Time to eat!" He announced. Back then, his father was just odd, but not a physcopath. He'd changed when Bo Gum reached the age of seven and a half. His father patted Young Shin's back, since she was very tense. Then he bented his back and lowered his head to face her. He gave her a weird, crooked smile.

○●○

Chae Young Shin is Chae Young Shin, she didn't take long to fully adjust and to blend in to the family.

The two females in the family are the chatter boxes, while the males barely speaks. Back then, Young Shin had nothing to hide, she always speaks her mind out, her troubles, her worries, her pains. Then the chaos happened. Bo Gum gets his job, buys a house, Young Shin sticking with him along the way.

Then, a few weeks after, she starts going to clubs and bars every single day. At first, Bo Gum doesn't let it bother him too much. But she gets too overboard with alcohol, so Bo Gum finally asks. Her answer was a smile, then "yolo".

"WELL!"

He snaps out.

"She does."

Yoo Jung questions again, "she does know him?"

He nods. "Are you planning on telling her?"

She shakes her head. "I figure she's just as stubborn as you."

He raises his eyebrow. "She's adopted."

She raises hers. Then a chill goes down her spine. "Everything about you is weird," she says, scoffing a little.

"Let's go," he suddenly decides.

She is startled. "Where?"

He wiggles the paper he's clutching with his fingers, then he smirks.

A/N- almost 800 words!!♥

Btw im also a running man fan, anyone a runner here?
HBD to LEE KWANG SOO♡

have a good day everyone :)