Chapter 2

Park Bo Gum places the last plate of food on the dining table.

"Are you going to work today? When are you going?" His noona asks him without sounding like she cares, as she stuffs kimchi in her mouth.
"After breakfast," he replies, then starts to eat.

A normal day, a typical conversation.

After he finishes his breakfast, he heads straight toward the door. Chae Young Shin doesn't bother to look up as he steps out the house.

●●●

At the announcement of a dead body found, everyone in the police station jumps up, and gets ready to go.

"It's been quite some time. A person being murdered," An officer mutters. They were in a police car, like normal, zooming and weaving around the street, a bulbs on the car blinking, and the sound that makes people's heart spead up. At least this wasn't to drive around the highway, capturing cars that drove too fast or too slow out of boredom.

That's not why Bo Gum finds himself in a police station. Not exactly saving people either. He's hoping to hear from a familiar criminal, his father. He believes he will keep committing crimes. Although it's been awhile, he is still waiting. He made his decision to be a police in middle school. When he was sitting in front of the TV, hoping to be a normal middle school student, when he saw the news.

A body was found on a big grass field. It is a man around his 30's. It isn't even close to a peaceful death. No guilt showed on the man's body. According to the news, he first was beaten up, then a bullet to his stomach, then a cut to his throat. His hands and feet are tied together, and a gag covers up his mouth.

He knows it's his father. This cold-hearted, unsympathetic murder. It has to be. Plus, a better prove: his memory.

●●●

"Where are you bringing me?" The young Bo gum asks his father. The criminal gave him a view of his yellow teeth. "Business, son. Business. Something you and I both have to do in order for us not to die. Or saying it better, to survive."

He gulps.What had he done that deserves to be punishable by death? He glances up at his father: dressed in full black, a gun held tightly in his hand, three sharp knifes in his pocket. The young child's eyes were captured by the gun. And to his father's delight, his eyes weren't filled with fear.

"This, son," his father chuckles darkly, and squeezes the weapon. "Is a key to survival."

They arrive at the door of a house. "Our enemy is in there," whispers Bo Gum's father. "Knock on the door for me."

"Are you going to kill him?" Bo Gum asks quietly, staring at his father's emotionless eyes. The criminal's patience is already over, and he knocked on the door. Footsteps were heard as the owner of the house makes his way to the door.

Bo Gum's eyes were wide, and he struggles against his father. His father clamps his hand over the boy's mouth, to keep him from screaming. Bo Gum doesn't know, at that time, what he would scream if he was free from his father's hand. Was it to yell at him to stop, or was it to warn the person that was about to get murdered?

He doesn't shed tears as he watches his father punch and kick the man, after a series of groans, the next step: the loud and devastating sound of a gun. Now the man and Bo Gum were both screaming; it was a mess. Next, he witnesses a slice of the throat. The blood sprays out like a broken fountain, leaving the carpeted floor in red.

He finds his senses when he father turns back, a physcopathic grin on his face.

" That, son, is a key to survival." He repeats.

A/N-
Hope you enjoyed this chap!
I will update at least once a week if I'm on a normal routine :)
Tysm for reading♡