Chapter 15

Bo Gum wakes up to the sound of chirping birds. His body sways slightly, causing him to doze off a little. A bright ray of sun pierces into his half-opened eyes, making hi squint. That's when he completely comes back to his senses.

He'd expected his hands to be tied up against a chair, and that chair was in a dark room. It's opposite. His hands are free and he isn't sitting in an enclosed room. He's sitting in the back seat of a car - his own car - free. And the car is moving. He looks around him. Yoo Jung lays beside him, looking serene. Woo Bin is on the floor, and Bo Gum flinches at the sight of him. There are cuts all over his face, there's two sreams of blood now; one on his head, and one on the side of his lips. It's different from what he had seen before.

Bo Gum feels his body turn cold. The birds sing and leaves dance. His heart is beating so fast, he thought he'll lose conscious again. He straightens himself, gathering courage, and leans forward. The image of the masked man appears in his head. Those dark colorless eyes.......

He leans forward.

"You're up?"

Bo Gum starts sweating. His body is ice.

"Stop the car."

It's him. It's his father. It's the criminal. It's the person Bo Gum wishes to see the most, yet dreads to see the most. Finally, this person in here, and he's inches away from Bo Gum. From handcuffs. From prison. From memories. From his son. He hesitates for a second, then obeys Bo Gum, stopping the car.

Bo Gum feels helpless right now. Should he take out his gun? Should he ask him questions? Should he confront him? Should he wrap his hands around his neck to choke him? Or should he wrap his arms around his father, asking him if he is well, how his body is doing? Smile at him and say "hi"?

Before he can say anything, his father beat him to it. "I've got you guys a burner. You guys needed one. Kim Yoo Jung. Kim Woo Bin." Bo Gum scrunch up his face, disgusted. His father had been in the trunk; he is sure of it. He'd probably gotten in there before they set off running away, and then eavesdropping their entire conversation. Perhaps after they've fallen asleep, he snuck out of the trunk and did some psychopathic things to them.

Bo Gum takes out his gun and points it at his father's head.

His father smiles a crooked smile. "Oh come on, is this how you're gonna treat your daddy? It's been like, twenty years!"

"You're first move was knocking me out," Bo Gum replies coldly.

"Well...true. I had some buisness I needed to do before you wake up."

Buisness?

"How long have I been unconscious?"

"Not long. Like, five or six hours."

"What did you do to Yoo Jung and Kim Woo Bin? How'd you know their names?"

"Don't worry about them, they're fine. Is she your girlfriend? Ay, you should've asked your daddy before going out!" He cackles.

"I said, how'd you know their names?"

"I have my ways."

"Why did you inject needles in us?"

"I had buisness."

"Why are you answering my questions?"

His father turns around. He've been talking with his back facing Bo Gum the whole time, and now he finally turns around, facing his son. Bo Gum stares at him. His father still has that crooked grin, but he had obviously aged. Besdies the stripes of white in his hair, he has a deep and saggy eyebag, and the most obvious one - wrinkles all over his face.

"I thought I should do something for my son." He smiles. It isn't like the normal smirks that Bo Gum sees. He can tell, that this expression hides some deep emotions.

"After beating up my partners?"

"Your partners?"

"If you didn't know, I'm a police."

His dad pauses. Maybe it's because he is startled, the thought the silver bars crossing his mind.

But he said, "Woo Bin's a police?"

Now it is Bo Gum's turn to pause. Should he tell his father? That Woo Bin is a criminal? What would he think? Or should he tuffen up and ask if his father purposely made Woo Bin the "culprit"? After all, his dad seems to know Woo Bin, way more than Bo Gum. Chae Young Shin knows him too.

"It doesn't matter. I'm with him right now, so don't mess with him."

"Oh son I'm not gonna mess with him. It's more likely that he's gonna mess with us."

A/N-
oooo whaaaaat?!?! (me excited by myself) .-.

Hope you enjoyed this chap!