Chapter 5

It's been five days since another murder happened. Today is the sixth day. And on this sixth day, another murder occurred.

"It's too fast," one of the polices, named Tony, comments.

"Look on the bright side, at least we'll get to catch the criminal faster," Chang Wook encourages.

As they talk, other memory flashes before Bo gum's eyes.

●●●

"Hey hey little kid." A dark-skinned man smiled, then chucklesd. The scent of alcohol he sent made the little boy wrinkle his nose. "Aww look at that," he chuckled again, then used his fingers to pinch his face. He remembered it. It was as rough as a trunk of a tree. He was a good-looking man, for someone who's in his 40's.

High nose bridge. Sharp, glinting eyes.

"Hey hey that's my son!" Came a raspy voice. That person walked over and clamped his hands on Bo Gum's cheeks, squeezed it, then turned to say to his friend,

"He's mine, Jong Min."

●●●

Kim Jong Min is the smartest person Bo Gum knows. He is clever, quick-witted, but surely he didn't use his gift well.

Unlike the last body, this one is covered in blood.

"We'll run a DNA test on the blood," Someone says. "Yes," the polices all reply expect for Bo Gum. He's thinking of why Kim Jong Min left blood on the body. He takes a close look at the dead woman. All the tortured marks are the same. The same places, the same wounds. Was Kim Jong Min going for an obvious criminal?

If so, then who's going to be the one to sacrifice?

●●●

Because the body was found at 11 P.M, the DNA result will come out tommorrow.

Bo Gum arrives home alone, the mystery resurfaces once again. Who is the one to sacrifice? He sets his bag down on the chair in his bedroom, and goes to the kitchen for a cup of tea. As he does that, he checks his watch. 1 A.M, it reads. As late as she can be, Chae Young Shin should be back now.

A little confused, Bo Gum digs out his phone and calls his sister. Her voice is tiny as she answers.

"What?"

"Where are you? You should be home now."

"I'll be home soon, don't worry."

Then she hangs up.

Bo Gum lets his arm drop to his side, and releases a heavy sigh. Just then, his phone starts to ring again. It's from Yoo Jung.

"Hi." She greets first.

"Hey."

"You at home?"

"Yes."

"Can I talk to you?"

"Where?"

"Your house."

"Now?"

"Sure."

"See you."

Just then, the doorbell rings.

Then there is a light knock on the door. A female's groan is heard from outside.

Was she standing there calling me? Bo Gum wonders, and swings open the door.

A/N-

okay short chap sorry♡
I'm on vacation right now but I'll try to make some time to write <3