Chapter 14

A dark man is walking along the road. A mouse runs before him, blocking his path. The man is furious. He takes out his knife and throws it at the mouse. He pulls the bloody knife out of the animal's body. Then he continues walking.

● ● ●

Ths sun is rising, the sky is a light shade of orange.

When Bo Gum wakes up, he sees that Woo Bin is already up. He is sitting with his knees up against his chest. His hands are rested on his knees, and his head is settled on his hands. The sun's ray has made his dark brown eyes a little lighter and brighter. At this moment, he looks warm and free.

"You should've woke us up. We need to get going, right?"

Woo Bin turns his head around at the sound of his voice. His eyes are dark again.

"Okay."

Bo Gum wants to poke Yoo Jung's forehead. Her eyes are still closed, and her mouth is wide open. Her cheeks are red, like she out heavy makeup on. She has dark bags under her eyes. She's still in a deep sleep, her chest rising up and down with every even breath she takes. The more he looks at her face, the less he wants to wake her up.

So he quickly presses his forefinger to her forehead.

"Mmmmmm." She whines like a lazy child.

He gently slaps her forehead.

Her eyes are opened now, and she is glaring at him. She stands up, looks at Woo Bin. "Oppa, let's go." She heads towards Bo Gum's car, expecting the two men to follow. Woo Bin trails behind her wordlessly, and Bo Gum has no choice to follow. As he did, he thinks of how he's going to get her to forgive him.

Yoo Jung climbs into the back seat and lays down, taking up the entire seat, so Woo Bin sits by Bo Gum.

He gets the engine started, and Yoo Jung sits up and leans forward. "Aren't we getting burners?" She asks. Bo Gum feels his heart jump a little; she is looking sraight at him. "Yeah, I don't know where to get them though." Yoo Jung sinks back to her seat, clearly disappointed at Bo Gum's response.

Suddenly, the two men hears a "thump". Bo Gum is driving, so Woo Bin turns back to check what caused the noise. Yoo Jung's head is on the seat, but her legs are still in a sitting position. Bo Gum glances at the rearview mirror, but couldn't see her, so he glances at Woo Bin, reading his expression.

Woo Bin puts his hand on Bo Gum's arm, cueing him to stop the car. They both sensed something is wrong. Exchanging a brief glance, they both get of the car, and opens the door the the back seat. Yoo Jung's face is covered with her hair, and her arms were hanging off the seat. She is in an awkward position, way too weird to be taking a nap.

Bo Gum brushes her hair away, and touches her face, quietly calling her name. While he checks her pulse,Woo Bin cautiously walks to the trunk.

He opens it.

"Her breathing's normal."

Bo Gum announces, then hears a loud "CLUNK". The sound of metal against a hard object. Bo Gum instinctively takes outs his gun out of his belt. He sees Woo Bin on the floor, a fresh stream of blood flowing from his head, unconscious. There is a little red mark on his neck. Needles. "What the..." Bo Gum whispers. He knows this isn't by the hands of the polices. It is too harsh, and the polices wouldn't hurt Yoo Jung.

He hears movements from the top of the car. swish swish.

He turns his head around just to catch the glimpse of a masked man with a needle in his hand, ready to pounce on his new target

A/N-
soz for the short chap I wanted to live a cliffhanger kehe
My FINALS are coming soon so um..,, yeah.

have a great day!