17

April 8

Megan

With the sun shining through the blinds, I slowly opened my eyes and felt around in the bed. Brian was still sleep beside me. The clock read 9:35 in the morning. I stretched a little trying not to wake him, but I failed.

"What you doin' girl?" He asked pulling me close to him again and he held me tight.

"Morning to you too baby." I smiled and he chuckled.

"What you wanna do today?"

I thought for a moment and came up with nothing. "I don't really know honestly."

I got out the bed as naked as I came into this world and headed to the bathroom to take a shower, brush my teeth, and do something with this hair on my head.

"Let's just chill today then," Brian suggested walking into the bathroom starting the shower.

"Uh uh. You ain't taking a shower with me Brian."

He kissed his teeth and rolled his eyes, "man get the fuck outta hea' I just wanna take a shower. I ain't gon' touch yo ass," he laughed a little.

I side eyed him and stepped in with him.

----

"Babe I think I wanna get some faux locs," I told Brian as we laid on the couch watching The Jamie Foxx show on mtv2.

"The fuck is them shits?" I rolled my eyes then pulled up a picture of them, "you'd look good. I can imagine myself now."

"Imagine yourself?" I asked scrunching my eyebrows together.

"Yeah," he licked his bottom lip, "I can imagine myself pullin' them things when I hit it from the back." He humped the air and I busted out laughing, "Ight you think I'm playin'. Get em and find out."

"You'on gotta tell me twice," I said as I booked my appointment. Brian then looked at his phone and slightly rolled his eyes. "Baby what's wrong?"

"The boys. They say they wanna have a meeting' with us there but I ain't with it. This ain't my lifestyle. Yeah I'll kill a nigga over some real shit, but at the end of the day I know I ain't down with the bullshit that come along with the way they livin' ya' feel me?"

I nodded my head and scooted closer to him. "We don't got to go. Just tell them I'm sick or something." I lightly kissed his neck and he relaxed under my touch. "We just chilling today like we said."

"You right," he leaned back against the couch and held me in his arms. "I wanna ask you something though. You ever thought about meeting my family?"

I looked at him for a moment, "I don't mind. Only if you're ready for it honestly. You know, you don't really talk about your family that much so I don't know how that relationship is."

He leaned back and I cuddled against him, "that's because the history is just too strong. I grew up with watchin' my mama get abused damn near everyday. I felt so useless. It took until I reached the age of sixteen to actually stand up to the bastard I knew as my dad." He clenched his jaw and I rubbed my hand up and down his arm to relax him, "I ain't gon' lie, he beat my ass bad, but I got some good hits on his ass. As a typical woman who was used to a man dehumanizin' 'em, she was on his side at the time. My dad then got drunk. Drunk to the point he was alive, but dead on the inside and he left. Days went by and we heard nothin' from him until the police came knockin' on our door askin' us to identify a body. The nigga killed himself and injured an innocent pregnant woman in a car cash." I listened intently and he continued talking, "my mama and I had a rocky relationship for a little while after that, but wit' years of communication we got our relationship back on track."

"It's good that y'all got back to how y'all were. I'd do anything to be with my mama again." I mumbled the last part.

He kissed my forehead and held me close. "Trust me baby, you gon' get ta' see yo folks one day, but let's get out 'ah dis sad ass mood. Let's do somethin' fun."

"Like what?"

"Umm, lets go ta' Cascade."

"Baby, it's Sunday. All the old folks skating today." I pouted and he smiled a little.

"Who gives a fuck? Go change because I know you'on wanna go out wit' no pants on."

I got up and got dressed in a black t-shirt with some black leggings and my black high top converse. I slicked my hair back in a ponytail with Gorilla Snot and wrapped a scarf around my edges to lay them down.

When I got downstairs I noticed Brian had on all black too and shook my head. We're too much alike it's so goofy.

----

"Keep up wit'cho uncoordinated ass." I said as I passed Brian for the second time.

How is it your idea to go skating and you can't even skate?

I slowed down and waited for him to catch up and held his hand.

"Girl, I'll choke yo ass. Tryna show out and shit."

I smirked at him and he kissed his teeth.

"You nasty you know that?"

"I know daddy."

We fooled around on the skating floor for a little while then we went to the little gift shop to buy some candy.

"So what you plan on doin' fa' a livin'?" He asked as we watched the older folks skate.

"I don't really know. I mean I make a lot with the guys, but I actually want to work you know? I don't want to keep doing what I'm doing," I leaned against him, "I used to want to be a physical therapist, but I actually wanna do acting now. For some odd reason I feel like I'd do great."

"And I buh'lee you can. You just gotta be fully committed mama. You can do whatever you put your mind to and I'a be hea' to be yo numba' one fan."

I smiled and kissed his cheek lightly. "Let's head out of here boobie."

"Man. That shitty ass name."

We turned out skates in then headed to my place since I haven't been there for damn near forever.

----

"Ugh! Home sweet home," I mumbled stepping into my apartment and going straight to the fridge.

"Yo lil ass always eatin'," Brian shook his head taking the yogurt I started eating and eating it himself.

"Shut up. I really need to slow down though to be honest. I feel like I'm getting fat."

He looked at me up and down and made a face, "no the fuck you not. You thick. I like it. That ass fatter than when I first met you." He grabbed a handful then smacked it.

I smirked a little. "My ass really getting fatter?" I ran to the bathroom to look and he busted out laughing. "OH SHIT BITCH!" I screamed and started twerking in the mirror.

After walking back out, he shook his head and pulled his phone out. "You somethin' else bruh."