Chapter 2

The next morning, I woke up with a huge headache. I couldn't sleep last night due to the fact that everyone was upset. This was a huge step. I was only 19. 'Was I really ready to be on my own?' I thought to myself. I mean, I was gonna move out eventually but I felt like I was moving too fast.

I got out of bed and went into the bathroom. I sighed while I looked at my messy hair in the mirror. I grabbed my toothbrush out the cabinet and brushed til I felt that my teeth were clean enough.

When I finished, I grabbed a towel and washed my face. When I got done with all that, I went downstairs to fix me a bowl of cereal. I made it down to hear nothing but silence so I figured that my parents were still sleep. I sat at the table and ate while scrolling through twitter. I finished my bowl of cereal then put my dishes in the sink. Before heading back upstairs, I heard a knock on the door. I ran over to it and opened it to see someone at my surprise. It was my ex Darren. We broke up two months ago so why was he still here in my face like I actually wanted to see him.

I gave him a 'are you fuckin crazy' look just before asking him what the fuck he wanted at 9:30am in the morning.

"Why are you here Darren?" I said giving him a lazy look.

"I heard that you were leaving to go off to Miami Florida. Just wanted to say goodbye."

"Ok?" I said giving him an 'I don't care tone'. I guess he noticed because he gave me a look.

"C'mon Lauren, don't sit up here and pretend like you don't miss me; us."

"That's because I don't. You and I both know what you did and that shit really hurted. You knew I couldn't stand her yet you slept with her anyways. So don't sit here and act like I still have feelings for you because I don't. Now is there anything else you wanna say before I slam this damn door in your face?"

"After everything we've been through, you just gonna throw it all away?"

"You're correct. Apparently you didn't think too much about that. Did you know how hurt I was, I still am but I try to hide it. I dodged every nigga for you but now I know that, that was a mistake. And so are we so goodbye Darren."

Before he could say anything else, I close the door right in his face because if I looked at him any longer, the water works would've came.

When I found out that Darren had cheated on me, it broke me into pieces. We had been together for 2years and to find him at one of his homeboys party having sex with the girl I hated of all time (Kirah), it hurted more than getting stabbed in the throat even though I didn't know what that felt like but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a good feeling. I cried for days. And when my dad found out, he went to his house and nearly attacked him because he knew how much he meant to me. And I was glad that he was asleep because if he had seen Darren standing at his front door, he would've killed him this time. I'm still hurt but not as much as I was two months ago. My mother always told me that God made a soul mate for everyone. I knew she was right but I had gotten tired of hearing it because out all my 19yrs of living, apparently I haven't found the right one. She always tell me to keep faith.

¦
¦
¦
¦

The moment was finally here. It was time to go. I had spent the half of my day packing the rest of my things. My mom, dad, my Auntie Angie and Uncle Dave, my grandma Lorice, Kolbey and Leslie were all here with me to say their goodbyes.

"Well here it is" my mother said, "you're not 12yrs old anymore."

"I know mami. I promise to come back and visit." I said while looking at her tears come down her face. I gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I had already said my goodbyes to my grandma, uncle and auntie. They both told me that they're proud of me and to put my books before guys. And after what Darren did, I had to take the advice.