Chapter 1

I know this is suppose to be the part where your mother and father are happy for you. But with my parents, it was kinda different. Being the only child wasn't always easy. Me and my parents were so close, especially with me and my father and it hurted him the most to know that I was moving out.

Moving miles away from home was a huge step in my life but I was willing to take. Living in Miami Florida has been my dream since I was 12yrs old. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents. They've done so much for me growing up in a household with them. And I was always a daddys little girl. But I'm 19yrs old now and it's time I take a chance out in the real world knowing that wasn't gonna be easy.

"Sweety" my mom started "you need to pack your inhaler. You never know what will happen."

"Mom, I havent used that thing since I was seven. I'm good." I said trying to calm her down. My mother Patrice was always worried something was gonna happen whenever I was going away and didn't take my inhaler. She always claims that I might get too hot or something and loose too much breath. But I havent had an asthma attack since I was a little girl. It wasn't that bad.

I went back into my closet and pulled out a blue box with some old items I haven't touched in a few months. Inside laid some old pictures of me and my two bestfriends in the whole world since 5th grade. Leslie and Kolbey.

After shuffling through a lot of old and new pictures we took, I placed them back in the box. As I began to close up the box, I came across some old photos of me and my ex Darren. Just after staring at them for a few minutes, I found my face bald up into an angry face. I quickly placed them also back into the box. Finally I put the box of memories into my bag which I had been packing for an hour while my mother helped a little.

"Do you have enough money for gas? Food? What abo-."

"Mom stop worrying. I'm ok. I have enough money for gas and food. I took the money out of my bank account that grandpa gave me. You don't have to give me anything." I said sitting down next to her. "I know honey. I'm just scared and down that you're finally going off to college. And you're getting your own place. I'm just not use to this. But I know that I have to."

"Mami I'm fine, ok? Everything is gonna be ok and I want you and dad to know that." I said leaning over to give her a hug.

¦
¦
¦
¦

Later that day, me, Leslie and Kolbey chilled at the park for about an hour. We talked about memories we had. We even talked about how we first met.

"Yea. It was the first day of school and Mrs. Rainer told us to get into groups" Leslie said.

"Hell yea. Neither of us fucked with anybody back then so the teacher put us together" Kolbey said.

"And ever since then, we became unbreakable" I added.

"Yo Lauren, I can't believe you're moving man. I feels like just yesterday, ya mom took us to Disneyland. I remember screaming like little a bitch on that big rollercoaster ."

When Kolbey brought that up, it made me even sadder than I already was because it reminded me of how we use to do everything together. I always knew that the moment would come. Me leaving the people I love to reach my goals but I never knew it would be this hard and heartbroken at the same time.

"Yall this isn't goodbye. You know I'll come back and visit, without a doubt. Fall break, winter break, spring break, and summer."

"Yea I know, but it just isn't gonna be the same when you leave" Leslie said.

"C'mere you guys" I said pulling them into a big hug. I looked at Leslie to see a tear racing down her face. I knew she was hurt and so was Kolbey. Even me but I had to do this. It's been my dream for a long time.

The rest of the night, we sat in the back of Kolbey's pick up truck eating snacks and talking about what they were gonna do in the future.

When 8:00pm hit, Kolbey took us home. We pulled up at my house and I said my goodbyes. I hugged both of them one last time before getting out. Then I headed into the house.

I went upstairs into my room to take a bath then got to sleep. After I got out the shower, I freshened up by putting on some perfume then I smothered lotion all over my body.

I laid in bed scrolling through Instagram til I got sleepy. Just as I began to go to sleep, I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I yelled.

My dad David came in. He approached my bed then sat on it.

"Hey dad, wassup" I asked.

"I just came to check on you before you leave tomorrow. Do you need anything? Money? I could give you $300 if you need."

"Nahh, Im good. I still have $500 saved plus more that I took out my bank account today. But thanks."

"Im really gonna miss you Lauren. Me and your mother; we both are." he said sadly.

"I know but like I told everyone else, I'm gonna be ok."

"Alright, well I guess I'm gonna let you sleep now. You have a big day tomorrow. We all do."

"Ok dad. Goodnight!" I said.

"Goodnight sweetheart" he said before closing my door back.

This was eating me alive. I know that going off to college was supposed to be fun, but it was also sad. Everyone is feeling down. But I know that they're happy for me. Just upset about the move. And that made me have second thoughts about me leaving.

~Kolbey~

~Kolbey~

~Leslie~

~Leslie~

~Lauren~ ⬆️⬆️

~Lauren~ ⬆️⬆️

(How did I do?? It gets better and sadder on chapter 2, the day of the move. Tune in!!!! 😘❤️)

~Excuse me if I made any mistakes!!~ 😝

~1 down, several more to go!!~😁