Chapter 5

I woke up at 8:30 to the sun hitting me dead in the face. I sighed then picked up my phone to see if I had any notifications. I had a text from Kolbey and Leslie. After messaging them back I got out of bed and went into the bathroom. I looked at myself while scratching my messy hair. I opened my cabinet and pulled out my toothbrush and toothpaste and began brushing til I felt the need to stop. After finishing that, I took at bath rag and started washing my face, ears and behind my ears just before putting the rag in the container where the rest of my used rags were.

I walked out the bathroom and proceeded my way to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and studied all the foods I had stuffed inside but I didn't want any of that. I was very picky when it came to food. I knew I shouldn't have bought a lot of it because I wasn't gonna be eating it no time soon. I then went over to my pantry to find something in there. I scanned through all the junk food I also had stuffed inside.

After a few minutes of looking, I finally pulled out a chocolate granola bar. I opened the bar then popped half of it into my mouth while walking over to the livingroom and turing on the TV. I flipped through channels but didn't see anything I wanted to watch. So I turned on Netflix. I type in 13 Reasons Why. This show was very suicidal and sad. My mother hated when I watched it because she thought that I would get the idea of trying to commit suicide. I never got the thought of doing it. I just really loved the entertainment it gave me.

Almost getting to the third episode, my phone started ringing. It was my dad so I happily answered it.

"Hay dad" I said.

"Hay dad? You can call ya mother but not your father. I'm starting to think that you forgot all about me" he said causing me to feel bad.

"I havent forgot about you dad. I've just been busy lately. School, homework, still trying to get more things that I need for my place."

He laughed and said "I know L Bug, I'm just messing with ya. So how's everything going in Miami?"

"Everythings great I guess. Just having a hard time getting use to this place that's not where I grew up at."

"Dont worry, you'll get use to it. I was the same way when I moved out of my house ancients ago. How's school?? You're not letting any boys distract you are you?"

I laughed and said "No dad, I haven't met any guy yet" I said lyin. I wasnt gonna tell him about the weird guy because knowing my dad, he'll race down here as fast as he could just to protect his one and only baby girl.

"Good cus I don't wanna have to come up there and show out."

"Dont worry daddy, I'm fine. How's mom doing?"

"She's ok. She sits in your bedroom sometimes and reminisce those times she use to rock you to sleep. I have to hug her and tell her that everything is gonna be ok." he said with a low deep voice.

"Wow. Dad, I'm really having second thoughts about this. Im feeling home sick. Everyone misses me. And now mom is upset. I think I need to pack up and come home. Maybe go to a community college there."

"Lauren sweety, this has been your dream since I can remember. Your mother and I are happy for you. Yea she misses you and so do I but we don't need you to turn down your dream because of us. We want you to stay in Miami. Don't give up ok?"

"Ok dad" I said.

"Well Im gonna get going. Your mother and I are gonna go downtown and get some dinner. I love you L Bug."

"I love you tok dad."

I hung up the phone then thought about what my father said. And he as right. I couldn't give up now. I've worked too hard in high school to get here. I wasn't gonna turn around now. He always knew what to say.