District 13: Preperations For Interviews

Hannah

I managed to get an 8 and Gale got a 9. Only God knows how that happened.

*         *         *

The interviews were tonight. But this year would be a little different. Before the tributes are interviewed, Lauren would interview Holly Davidson, this year's Gamemaker.

*         *         *

Gale and I were both dressed in our costumes for tonight.

The clothes were truly exquisite. I was dressed in a short bright pink dress. My brown hair was curled in ringlets. I had on minimal make-up. This way, I could be easily recognized in the arena.

Gale looked very handsome in his pale green suit. I giggled because he had to wear some make-up too. His face was brighter. You could now see the prominent freckles that covered his face.

We looked like we belonged here.

Gale

All of us tributes were seated in chairs on the stage. We were live and there was no turning back now. I knew once Lauren came on stage. The crowd roared with excitement and anticipation.

"Welcome, welcome all to the interviews for the 74th Annual Hunger Games!"

There were more cheers from the crowd.

"I know you're all anxious to meet our tributes! But for the first time ever, we will get an exclusive interview with our Gamemaker, Holly Davidson!"

There were more cheers from the crowd as a tall woman wearing a blood-red pantsuit took the seat beside Lauren.

Lauren began asking questions, "What should the tributes expect in the arena, terrain-wise?"

"The terrain for this has never been used for the Hunger Games before. All I can say is that it does include various aspects from past arenas."

There were ooh's and ahh's from the crowd.

"Last question, what is one thing you can tell us that you probably shouldn't?"

Holly pursed her lips. But she finally responded with, "All I can say is this year, expect the unexpected."