District 12: Training Scores

Alyssa

I had shot an arrow at the Gamemakers. Well, at an apple in a pig's mouth that was right next to the Gamemakers. My arrow had pinned it to the wall behind it. And then I had taken a bow and said, "Thank you for your consideration."

*           *         *

The woman who had been the interviewer for the past thirty years was Lauren Porter. She was announcing the scores.

*           *         *

"Marvel, from District 1, with a score of 9. Glimmer, from District 1, with a score of 9. Cato, from District 2, with a score of 10. Adriana, from District 2, with a score of 8."

They were Career Districts. Those scores were expected.

"Kambre, District 3, with a score of 6. Taylor, District 3, with a score of 8. Alaina, District 4, with a score of 7. Josh, District 4, with a score of 7. Yasmin, DIstrict 5, with a score of 5. Niall, District 5, with a score of 5. Andrea, DIstrict 6, with a score of 5. Nathan, District 6, with a score of 4. Abbie, District 7, with a score of 9. Zayn, District 7, with a score of 6. Kendra, District 8, with a score of 5. Harry, District 8, with a score of 5. Beth, District 9, with a score of 2. Henry, District 9, with a score of 3. Emma, District 10, with a score of 8. Louis, District 10, with a score of 8. Abby, District 11, with a score of 7."

Little Abby had managed a score of 7. Truly amazing.

Lauren continued, "Thresh, District 11, with a score of 10."

We were next. Peeta was nervous. His hands were clenched in fists by his sides.

"Peeta, District 12, with a score of 8." He sighed with relief.

And then came the unexpected. "Alyssa, District 12, with a score of...oh my. uhh, with a score of, 11."

Eleven? ELEVEN! I got an 11!

"Good job sweetheart," said our mentor Annie Olson.

An 11. I got an 11.