Breaking the Bows

Cato

I loved her. I loved Adriana. I knew that I would never let anyone try to hurt her.

I picked up one of the crossbows and broke it.

"I love Adriana. And I don't want other peoples' loved ones to die."

Adriana

I stepped on a crossbow, breaking it.

Alaina

I felt adrenaline rush through me from breaking the crossbow. A weight seemed to have been lifted from my shoulders. It gave me a confidence I had never known.

So naturally, I ran over to Josh and kissed him.

Just as my lips had touched his, I realized that what I had done might have been incredibly stupid. But I changed my mind once Josh began kissing me back.

Josh

I took Alaina's hand and then I broke another crossbow.

Niall

"Yazz is my best friend. I couldn't imagine life without her."

Yazz

Niall and I both broke a crossbow.

Zayn

I broke a bow. But I didn't know what Abbie was planning to do.

Abbie

"Coming into the Hunger Games, I told myself I was going to win. I told myself that I was alone in this. But I was wrong. Now I feel like I already have won," I said smiling at Zayn.

And then I broke a bow.

Harry

"Lives matter. And I don't plan to stand by and watch more people die."

Kendra

I felt a surge of power rush through me. Harry and I broke a bow at the same time. Together.

Emma

"Louis made me realize what it is to love. And that's somthing that I never want to lose.

Louis

I felt excited. I picked up a bow and slammed it to the ground.

Peeta

"All of us, we could have been friends. And maybe now, we can be."

Alyssa

Both Peeta and I broke the last two bows. We did it at the same time. I felt a rush of excitement. It was how I felt when I hunted, when I saw Prim smiling. It was the same feeling I had when I kissed Peeta.

I looked to the sky and I took the three middle fingers of my left hand and put them to my lips. Then I lifted my hand into the air and said, "To Marvel, Glimmer, Kambre, Taylor, Andrea, Nathan, Henry, Beth, Thresh, and Rue. We salute you."