Part 26

I wiped tears away from my cheeks and looked back to the closet. I grabbed jeans and t-shirt, my favorite clothes, and dressed up. I grabbed my bag and left the room.

“Where are you going?” Wilmer’s mom asked, when I ran down the stairs.

“I’m going to see Emanuel, if you don’t mind. He helps me to study, and I get better grades, you know that.” I smiled to her and she gave me a hug. Somehow it felt so good, for a moment I thought that he was my mother.

“Good luck and come back before the midnight.” She said, letting me go. I nodded and ran out of the house.

-

“So, do you really think it’s over?” Emanuel asked as I sat down on his bed. I looked at him confused. “I mean that things with Wilmer are over. You know, like there’s no way for you to be together again.” He sat beside me and wrapped his hand around me.

“Never say never.” I said, looking into his blue eyes. He was so sweet and I felt that he wanted to be more than friends, but I couldn’t give him that. Although Wilmer and I broke up, I was still in love with him and I couldn’t change it. He rested his hand on my thigh, and let it travel up and down, I perfectly knew what he wanted.

Suddenly Emanuel put his palms on cheek and pulled my face closer to his. We were so close, and suddenly our lips touched. He started kissing me, while I sat there emotionless. I couldn’t answer to his kiss. Well, honestly I was in shock. I didn’t expect that. I pushed him away from myself and slapped him as hard as I could.

“What the fuck are you doing?” I shouted and stood up. I started walking to the door when he grabbed my hand, making me turn back to him. “Let me go” I shouted again, when he held my hand tighter.

“I’m sorry, Demi. I didn’t want to make you mad. I’m really sorry, let’s forget about it and continue studying, okay?” He apologized, although I didn’t believe he was sorry. He wanted to kiss me, he wanted more and that was the point which could ruin our friendship.

“If you will do something like that again, you won’t see me okay, clear?” I said, sitting back on his bed. He nodded his head and sat beside me, showing me a book. I couldn’t concentrate so I just sat and dreamt about everything and nothing. Somehow I realized that if I won’t let everything go, I will end up alone and crying. My minds changed so suddenly and I had other plans. A few minutes ago I pushed him but now I wanted to be with his.

I took the book from Emanuel’s hands and put it on the bed, getting closer to him. His eyes widened, but it didn’t stop me. I straddled him and leaned closer to his face. His hands slowly traveled to my back and stopped there while I kissed his lips.

“Everything what’s going to happen here stays here” I whispered, and he nodded. I needed to forget Wilmer. I started kissing his neck, wanting to forget everything, what had tortured me for that long. Emanuel wanted to oppose but I kissed him, not letting him talk. When we both needed air, I pulled away, staring at his eyes.

“Dem” Emanuel started but I shut him up with another kiss. He laid on the bed, bringing me with him, not breaking the kiss. Maybe I was going a mistake but I wanted to feel something good and maybe it could help me. I didn’t care.

-

After two months

“I want you” Emanuel whispered into my ear but I pushed him away. During these months we became very close, maybe too close. I mean there were no feelings between us, there was just sex and kisses. We liked spend time with each other, talk about stupid things but nothing more.

“No, I really need to go home. Maybe tomorrow” I said, grabbing my bag from the floor. He nodded his head and we walked to the door. We stood at the doorway for a few minutes, talking about stupid things, then he gave me a goodbye kiss and I left.

I walked down to the house, where I was living, I mean, Wilmer’s parents’ house. Slowly things were getting better although I was still in love with Wilmer. Emanuel helped me to forget, at least for a few minutes, while we were having sex. You know, I couldn’t call it love making, because we weren’t in love. Maybe he had feelings for me, but I was in love with Wilmer and no one could change it.

Wilmer’s mom and his dad became like my really family. Although I wasn’t the best child in the world, they loved me and supported me. When I started get better grades, they praised me and said how proud they are, and it felt really really good. No one had ever told me that before, so I had been a really good experience.

I almost moved on. I didn’t cry every single evening anymore. There were days when I was crying because I missed him so much, but I tried to move on and at first I hadn’t been successful, but with every day things looked better and better. It didn’t hurt that much anymore or maybe I was lying to myself.

I entered the house and started singing a stupid song, which had played on my mind the whole day. It was the song, which reminded me Wilmer. He used to sang me Selena’s song “Love You Like A Love Song”  and although he wasn’t the best singer, I really loved it.

 Wilmer’s mom and dad were at work, so the house was empty and I could sing as loud as I could. I walked to the kitchen still singing that stupid song. I took apple from the counter and turned to the table. I gasped when I saw him, sitting in the kitchen.

“Hello Demetria” He said, standing up. I started taking deep breaths. I couldn’t believe it was really him. Was I dreaming?