Part 23

Time had passed really fast, and it was time to go to school. For the first time in my life I wanted to go there. It could help me to forget Wilmer because I was still crying every evening. We hadn’t spent much time together but these two weeks were enough to me. Although he called me every evening and we were texting almost all day, it wasn’t enough to me. I needed him close.

I entered the new school and looked down. I didn’t know anyone here, and I wasn’t that girl, who makes friends easily, so I decided to be unnoticed. I went straight to the class and sat at the last desk. I didn’t really like to study, so that place was so me.

The bell rang and many girls and boys rushed inside. They were talking and laughing. It made me feel uncomfortable so I looked down and pretended that I read something although I had no idea what kind of stuff it was. Thank God Wilmer’s parents had let me to attend English school because I didn’t understand anything in that their language.

The teacher came in the class and everyone immediately shut up. She started talking but I wasn’t ready to listen, so I took a pencil and started droving hearts on my notebook. Then I started write Wilmer’s name, with hearts around it, of course.

When I came back to reality, the teacher was talking something but I had no idea what it was. Everybody around me were writing something down, while I had no idea what’s going on. Oh yeah, first day at school and I had no idea about what we were studying. Nice start, Demi.

Finally the lesson was over. I put my things back to my bag and rushed out of the cabinet. The next lesson was Math. It was the most hateful thing, and again, I had no idea what to do there. I was going to pass my exams, mess up with my life and Wilmer will leave me. I didn’t want that.

I entered the class and the teacher immediately stopped me.

“Hi, are you Demetria Lovato?” She asked, making me nod. “Oh, okay. You need to sit here, at the first desk” She showed me the desk, where was sitting one guy. “I saw your last year results and it wasn’t really good. Emanuel, the guy who is sitting with you, will help you and I’m sure you will get better grades this year” She said, smiling. I smiled back and came to sit down.

The guy turned to me and smiled, and suddenly I remembered his face. I saw him at the party, which I was with Wilmer months ago.

“Demi?” He said, making me nod.

“How do you know my name?” I asked, confused.

“I saw you at the party. You stole my drink.” He said, making me blush. I had stolen his drink? Not bad. “You said I can call you Demi but then you disappeared, you probably were too drunk to remember me”

I started thinking about that party. Yeah, I remembered, how before I started searching for Wilmer I had talked with some guy. I had forgotten about him.

“Yea, I remember you, you were alone there, and Justin is your best friend.” I said, remembering some things. Of course, I remembered that stupid accident with that guy, and probably I won’t forget it for a while.

“I heard what happened to you there. If Wilmer wouldn’t find out, I don’t want to think what could happen to you.” He said, shaking his head.

“Let’s not talk about it.” I said, smiling. “So, I wasn’t the only underage it that party” I giggled, making him smile. I needed to thank that teacher because I probably had just made the first friend in new school. And I had to admit, that guy was really cute.

“Well, since Justin is like a brother to me, plus I’m not that good guy, I was there. But I wasn’t that drunk like someone sitting beside me” He said, smiling.

“Shut up” I giggled and pulled out the book from the bag.

“Oh, by the way, if you don’t have friends, you can be me and my friends, we would love to have you in circle of friends.” He said, making me nod.

Suddenly the bell rang again, cutting our conversation. The entire lesson he was focused and listened, while I was drawing once again. I decided to look at the board, and saw things, which I had never seen before. I looked back to my notebook, and started drawing again, but the bell rang again. Another lesson was over.

“You know, if you will listen everything like that, you will repeat the course” Emanuel said, putting the book in his bag. He waited until I put my book in the bag too, and we together left the room.

“I don’t understand anything, what’s the point to listen then?” I asked.

“We can study together, I can help you.” He said, when we reached the new cabinet. He sat at the first desk again and I sat beside. Maybe it wasn’t that bad to have a friend, who is really smart. He could help me and my grades will be better.

“Sit here with me. I will help you with everything, and at the end of the year you will have the best grades” He said, making me smile like an idiot. I liked that idea.

-

“Oh” I sighed when I closed the door behind me. Wilmer’s mom was at work, his dad too, so I was alone at home, that meant I could talk with Wilmer. I pulled my phone out of my bag and found five missed messages and three missed calls. They all were from Wilmer.

I sat on bed in my room and called to him.

“Hello?” He answered, making me smile. Honestly his voice always made me smile. He was the reason why I smiled.

“Hey, babe” I said, still smiling. Thank God he couldn’t see me because I looked like an idiot with that smile.

“Hey, nena, how was your first day at school?” He asked. Aww, he cared about me so much. I felt tears in my eyes again, but try to stop them. I didn’t want to cry, but it wasn’t something I could control.

“It was awesome. The first lesson I spent drawing” I said, giggling. Wilmer laughed too, “Don’t laugh; I drew hearts and your name. Oh, then I had Math, you know how much I hate it, and the teacher sat me beside the guy, who can help me study. It’s Emanuel, you should know him. He was in Justin’s party, I stole the drink from him” I giggled again.

“Oh yea, I know him.”

“He will help me study, we are going to the library tomorrow after lessons, he will help me to go homework.” I continued to talk.

“Don’t you dare to get closer with him” Wilmer said, seriously.

“What? IS someone jealous?” I asked, giggling.

“Demi, you’re beautiful, everyone would love to date you.” I could hear how he sighed.

“But I have a boyfriend, and I love him very much. I don’t need other guy, Wilmer.”

“I’m away, wouldn’t you want a guy, who would be there for you every day? And he would be your age, he would go stupid things with you, he wouldn’t be boring.”

“Stop talking like that. I love you and I don’t need other guy. No matter how far away you are, Wilmer. You can say whatever you want, you can be old and boring but I will love you, okay? Babe, don’t be jealous.” I said, trying to calm him down. But he had a good point: he was away and I needed someone. I shook my head. I loved Wilmer and I couldn’t leave him. Could I?