Part 5

“What’s wrong with you?” Wilmer grabbed me by the hand and forced to look at him.

“What do you want?” I asked and pushed him away. “I’m going home.” I started to go as fast as possible and Wilmer followed me, he wasn’t in the mood of giving up. He walked behind me, in silence, probably waited for me to tell him something. But I didn’t say anything. I was angry.

All this time he was thinking that I am just a kid.  Does he really thought that I am 16 I can’t go to the parties? Well, truth to be told that party wasn’t interesting to me, but I will go just to show Wilmer that I’m not a little girl.

Just reached home, I ran upstairs to the room and shut the door behind me. How do I go to the party? Mr. and Mrs. Valderrama won’t let me. I needed to think something. I could run… It was the only way I could get out and go to the party.

I went to the balcony and looked down. If I would jump I would probably break my leg or something. But at least I could try.

Door of the room opened and the woman came inside. She came to the balcony too, and looked at me with a smile. I had no idea what she wanted. I smiled back to her.

“How was the walk? She asked me.

I sat on the rail and thought what I could say. It was bad at first but when we started talking and I really liked it, but then that guy Justin ruined everything.

“It was pretty good.” I said, still smiling.

“I’m happy.” The woman said, and took a deep breath. “Dem, we are leaving for a weekend. I hope you don’t mind.”

That moment I almost fall down from the rail. It seemed like the same God planed everything in my favor. Nobody will prevent me to go to the party.

“Wilmer stays here with you. I hope you don’t mind.” She said. Her voice was sad, she probably felt bad for really me alone here after a few days.

“It’s okay.” I said as calm as I could, although inside I throw a little party for myself.

“You know if anything happens you can call and stuff, okay?”

“Yes.” I nodded my head. Honestly, I didn’t know what she had said because I was planning what I am going to dress, what makeup I am going to do. Black dress which Wilmer’s mother brought to me could look good, I have high black high heels, black makeup and I will look gorgeous. Wilmer will be shocked.

“I’m going to make dinner now. See you later, Dem.” The woman said and left the room. Dem. It’s a nice nickname. Maybe I even like it.

I stayed in the balcony, on the rail. I liked it so much; I need to come here often. I sat there and thought about the party. I couldn’t wait to see Wilmer’s reaction. Something in me wanted to make Wilmer annoyed. I wanted to prove him that I was different than he thought.  But on the other side these feelings scared me. I didn’t feel anything like that for a long time. Maybe I didn’t feel it at all.

My phone, which was put on bed, vibrated, and I rushed to read the message.

Selena: “God, your life definitely changed. But I hope for the better. I’m really happy for you.”

I didn’t know what to answer, so I just throw my phone somewhere on bed. I had no idea what to do. This house was killing me.

I stood up and went to the closet to pick up my guitar. I didn’t play today, so maybe it could help… It was only the third day when I got here but I was fed up with this place. In children house we couldn’t go anywhere but at least there were girls, who talked with me. And here I am alone.

I started playing one of my favorites songs but I was stopped when the door opened.

“You know I’m watching the film and you need to shut up.” Wilmer said, angrily. God, I made him really angry. But it was what I wanted. To make him angry, to make him mad. Maybe then his parents would return me and everything would be normal. I wouldn’t feel it anymore.

“I’m playing, you can stop me.” I said and continued playing. He rolled his eyes at me and shut the door, leaving the room.

I put guitar on bed and lay down. I wanted to cry. I didn’t know why but it was all I wanted to do. Maybe my nerves couldn’t take it anymore and I broke down.

Suddenly I had an crazy idea. I stood up and rushed to Wilmer’s room. I opened door without a knock and came in. He looked at me shocked but after all I was still mad and I really didn’t care what he’s gonna think.

“What’s the hell are you doing here?” He asked me angrily.

“You know, if I’m, like you said, your stepsister, you had to invite me to watch the film together but you didn’t do it, so I invited myself.” I sat on the edge of the bed. “Move, it’s uncomfortable.” I said, and he looked at me as if I was crazy.

“You won’t watch this film with me. Get out.” He said, not moving.

“Don’t be a child. I just want to watch a stupid film.”

“What’s wrong with you? Go to your room and watch whatever you want.” 

“You don’t want your parents to know about the party? You’re leaving a little girl alone in the house, I don’t think they would be happy.” I said and he finally moved.

“You know, they wouldn’t be happy either, knowing that that little girl is going to the party with me.” He said, looking at the TV screen.

“They won’t believe that I could go to that party. Look at me, I’m good girl.” I said, looking at him with puppy eyes.

“You like older guys, right?” He asked, making me laugh like crazy.

“What?”

“If you wouldn’t like me you wouldn’t be here.”

“Asshole.” I said and suddenly my hand met his cheek. Did I just slap him?

“What do you do lady?” He asked, grabbing my hand. I was scared for a moment but then I realized that his parents were downstairs and he wouldn’t do anything with me.

“You’re just being asshole.” I said and stood up. “Watch your fucking movie, I’m leaving.” I turned around and left the room, shutting the door behind me.

What did I do? What have I become? Why did I slap with? But at least I proved him I’m not a good girl.