Josh Simons

This is the second chapter I am rewriting. Sorry I couldn't update sooner, but oh well. Here it is!

Disclaimer: I do not own the works of Mr. Rick Riordan.

Josh Simons POV

The names' Josh, Josh Simons. I, unfortunately have a dilemma that can only be seen as a nightmare for a high-school student.

See, I like a girl, her name is Hazel, and she is by far the cutest girl in Seaboard High-school. Earlier in the year a lot of guys like myself was gunning for Hazel.

Keyword: was

A new student came and made it clear that Hazel was off limits.

It started in the middle of the year. A new student transferred from New York, it wouldn't have been a problem, if it weren't for the fact that he was who he is.

As confusing as that sounds, it's true. I'll try to explain.

The transfer student's name is Nico Di'Angelo. He's extremely pale, (which is understanding as he had lived in New York with its lack of sunlight), and had these eyes that, well...

To be honest were just plain creepy.

It gave off the illusion of being a dark, endless pit with no way out.

Nico, while those two traits could be seen as off-putting, had slowly became one of the most attractive guys in the school.

And as shallow as what I'm about to say is, it's true.

The more aesthetically pleasing a person is, the more they're favored by the masses. I mean in my case, since brown hair and brown eyes are common features, I'm pretty average.

So, because Nico was considered attractive, he'd gained some political pull in the school. Which leads into the problem of every male student at Seaboard.

The moment Nico had seen Hazel, he marched up to her and talked to her as if she wasn't one of the most sought after girls in the school.

That had shocked everyone, especially when Hazel hugged Nico and then proceeded kissed him on the cheek.

It was as if time had stopped. A single question ran through all who saw this.

Is Nico Hazel's boyfriend?

But that had quickly been put to the rest when Hazel saw there shocked looks and said Nico was her brother.

Hazel has a brother. Now normally that wouldn't be a problem. If it wasn't for the fact that her brother was nowhere near the title of 'normal.'

As shocking as that was, it had been fine until Nico announced with a dark undertone, whoever went after his sister, good intentions or not, would have a bad time.

At first, no one took it completely seriously until the schools playboy had went after Hazel, ignoring the warning (being kindly rejected), and the next day he had never shown up for his any of his classes.

He had been found stripped of all clothes, expect his underwear, tied up in the janitor's closet.

Now while there was no proof, everyone knew who did it.

Nico Di'Angelo had gone through with his threat, showing he wasn't kidding.

And that was the problem.

No one could have any romantic relationship with Hazel due to her guard-dog.

Two brilliant students, and I tread carefully when saying that, made a plan to distract Nico and then approach Hazel.

Brad and Kaisley, were those 'brilliant' students.

The plan had been, Kaisley would go to Nico and ask him out, as she liked him and during this Brad would do the same, except with Hazel.

It might have worked if it Nico hadn't said what he did. (This had destroyed any chance of this plan being used again.)

His words, if I remember correctly were.

"No thanks. I already have a significant other. And Hazel has a boyfriend." And left it at that. When asked more, Nico revealed that his partner's name was Will.

So yeah...

Hazel had already been taken, by someone that Nico approved of. Which how one does that, I have not a clue. Not to mention, Nico's relationship with that Will guy.

That was the unfortunate tale of Hazel never being available to a single in the school.

I had changed that completely. Yes, I updated to the Blood of Olympus hinting of Solangelo.

-Chickennuggetuno