thirteen

this chapter is going to be written a little different, i hope you guys don't mind too much!

-

i sat at my laptop, opening youtube. do i really want to look this up?

i typed in jack's name, tons of videos from magcon appearing. vine compilations of jack and jack showed up and i contemplated for awhile before watching one. all of the memories hit me at once. i've seen these before.

august 29th, 2014

"who are you with?" i asked sam, holding my phone to my ear.

"i'm with my friends jack and jack. we're up in san francisco right now." he said. "i know you had to have heard of these guys. i've known them forever ro."

"they sound familiar." i said, opening my vine app and searching for them. i watched a couple of their vines, finding one with sammy in it and smiling to myself.

"yeah, as soon as this tour is over i'm coming back for you babe." i can almost hear his smile.

"that sounds nice."

that's how i know of them. i smiled, continuing to watch the videos. my phone started to ring from beside my laptop, jack's name showing up.

"hey!" i answered.

"hi rose, what's up?" he asked, his voice giving me goosebumps.

"just watching some youtube videos." i replied, rising to my feet and beginning to pace around my room.

"well, i know you work tonight, and i'll be there to make sure no guys give you a hard time." jack said. shit. work.

"ugh, i totally forgot. that sounds good to me, though." i told him.

"do you wanna go get some lunch?" he questioned. "i miss you."

"jack, it's only been a day.. barely." i laughed, falling back onto my bed.

"i'll pick you up in ten." he hung up, my jaw dropping.

i rushed to get ready, barely applying any makeup and leaving my hair in its' natural loose waves.

"where are you off to?" my mom asked, sitting at the island counter in the kitchen as i walked by.

"i'm going out with a friend."

"is it oliver?" she interrogated.

"no. we broke up." i responded, a knock at the door catching me by surprise.

"i'd like to meet this friend." my mom stated, walking to the door. she beat me there, swinging it open to reveal jack with a bouquet of white roses.

"uh, hi mrs. ventura." jack smiled awkwardly, peeking over her shoulder at me. i mouthed a 'sorry!' before walking around my mom.

"mom, jack gilinsky. jack, my mom." i introduced the two. i know that jack probably didn't want to meet my mom after literally one day of us being together, but my mom is nosey.

"you can call me maria. hi jack." my mom put her hand out and jack shook it, making eye contact while he did so.

"are you two on a date?" she asked the question more towards jack than me, obviously thinking that i would lie.

"we're getting lunch." i told her, accepting jack's roses.

"be careful." she said. "and it was nice to meet you, jack."

"you too, mrs. ve- maria."

i stifled a laugh at jack's nervousness and followed him to his car, climbing into the passenger seat.

"i'm so sorry. she wouldn't let me go if you didn't meet." i told him as soon as he was in the car.

"it's okay. we were going to be meeting eventually." he laughed, pulling out of the driveway.

"i watched some of your vines." i confessed, glancing at him for his reaction.

"yeah?" he laughed. "did you like them? it was like four years ago, so i know they're outdated, but we were proud."

"no, they were funny, jack!" i told him, pulling his hand into mine as he drove.

"thanks babe." he laughed. we pulled into the lot of an urth cafe and i remembered the fact that when madison went here, jack cheated on her.

you're not madison. don't think that way.

we walked into the restaurant and got seated. i took out my phone and snapped a picture of my flowers, going to instagram to post it.
-

tagged - @jackgilinsky roseventura: thank you my love 5,267 likes - 623 comments@sammywilk - lol

roseventura: thank you my love
5,267 likes - 623 comments
@sammywilk - lol.
@madisonbeer - be careful..
@jademcallister - AHHH?! rosie girl text me!
@jackgilinsky - of course baby 😻

--

an: kinda short compared to what i want to write but i really like those IG themed stories but i'd never be able to successfully write one lol. i just watched so many old magcon videos which was what inspired the beginning of the chapter. i miss magcon and vine and jack and jack still living in omaha and nash still being in mooresville and SHAWN NOT BEING KNOWN DAMN IT