six

"Shit, she's here." Jack says, peeking behind us.

"You made your choice. Let me know how it goes." I say. I walk into the other room with the guys, hearing Jack open the door again and a female's voice.

"Hey Rosie, you wanna go upstairs?" Sam asks.

Summer 2014

Our lips moved together, his hands in my hair and mine in his.

"Promise you won't try to go to the police or anything, y'know, saying that -"

"Of course not." I interrupted him, kissing him again. He pulled a condom out of his wallet, the thought of how many girls he's done this with before crossing my mind.

He might've done it with tons of girls, but he's my first.

"You wanna uh, head up to my room first?"

"Yeah. Sure." I say. I hear Jack talking to who I assume is Madison in the foyer as Sam and I go up a flight of stairs.

"How have you been?" He asks me as we approach a room.

"I've been well." I reply. He steps aside, letting me enter the room first before shutting the door behind him.

"How'd you meet Jack?" He questions as he sits at the end of a bed, hands in his pocket.

"Uh, it's complicated." I laugh. "I uh.. haven't had the best couple of years, honestly, Sam."

"Why so?"

I sit down beside him, thinking over the last couple of years.

October 17th, 2014

"Rosie, it's not you.. I promise you that. I've just been busy, okay?" He said, putting a finger on my chin to lift my face so I looked at him.

"Sammy please don't go." I whispered. Yelling wouldn't do me any good. "Don't leave me this way."

"Rose, babe, you're 15. I'm turning 19 in two months."

"You didn't care about age a month ago!" I let my voice rise. Mistake.

"Don't yell about that please.. Rose, look, I care about you. More than I ever intended. We'll talk, okay? As soon as I'm back in LA, I'll see you. We just.. it was a summer thing, okay?"

"That's all this was?"

"Baby. You do mean a lot to me. I'll come back for you, okay?"

"You were my first love."

I dreamt of talking to Sam about this for ages, but now that it's happening I feel like I can't do it anymore.

"I know." He whispers. "And I'm sorry."

He pulls a bag out of pocket, white powder filling it.

"Jesus, Sammy, when did you move on to this?"

He shrugs. "It'll make you feel better."

"I don't know.."

"You trust me, right Ro?"

I'll come back for you, you said.

"Yeah."

-

My throat feels numb, and I turn to Sam.