One Last Step (pt.1) // C13

"Don't say the relationship is over, say it's complete. Some aren't meant to last forever" - The Life Coach School

Amberle's POV:

I watched Daniel's face go through denial and then acceptance. Awkward silence filled the room as I tried to cheer Daniel up by kissing him but he seemed to be lost in thought.

"D-Daniel, please say something" Lillianne begged.

"No, this can't be" Daniel said as he put both hands over his face.

I tried to comfort him by squeezing his soldiers and resting my head on his shoulder.

"I will help you through this" I whispered into his ear.

"I'll give you two some time" Lillianne said as she walked into the kitchen.

I saw Daniel sigh once more and walk farther away from the kitchen, I felt bad. His career was just taking off, he doesn't need this.

"You don't have to stay with her you know? She's my sister, I'll take care of her" I suggested as I walked closer to him.

"A child deserves to grow up with a father" Daniel said as he placed his hands on his face again.

"Not when the father is merely eighteen with a career taking off" I said as I walked in front of him. "Look at me" I said as I pried his hands away from his face and held them, "we can handle this together".

He smiled at me, "what did I do to deserve you?".

"Nothing, you just have to be you and I'm all yours...whenever wherever" I said as I kissed him. "Now in all seriousness, do you want to be apart of the child's life?".

"I don't know...I do but with everything happening I don't know if I can handle it" Daniel admitted.

"I understand, my original offer still stands...I can help take care of the child while you go off and do whatever you need to do for your career" I said.

"No, I can't be selfish...you have a life too. I'll have to take care of the child whenever I'm here and not on tour".

"Sounds reasonable...although, when you are on tour I'll be here to take care of the child" I said.

"No, I can't-" Daniel started.

I placed one finger over his lips, "this is my decision and I want to be there for my niece".

He looked at me before he kissed my finger and then pulled me into another kiss. He wrapped one arm around my neck and the other around my waist as I melted into his arms.

"I love you so much...more than anything" Daniel said as he broke our kiss and pulled me into a tight hug. "I don't see how you're not angry at me..."

"I'm not here to judge you by your past, I'm here to support you and if anything judge your character based on your present choices" I said as I looked up at him.

He kissed my nose before saying, "I really don't deserve you, I still can't believe you're staying with me after all of this".

"You and me against the world right?"

"Always" he said before he kissed me once more.