The Arrival // C2

"A dream is a wish your heart makes" - Walt Disney

Amberle's POV:

The early morning dew felt damp under my bare feet. I went outside to admire my water feature for the last time before I basically become eye candy to my ex best friend. I crossed my arms and thought of what life could be like with him. The only problem is, what if eventually I don't want our relationship to be fake?
________________________________

The hot shower felt nice on my frantic nerves and my lavender and lemon body wash reassured my confidence. I didn't feel like wearing anything nice on my plane ride so I just threw on my yoga pants and my "do it like a girl" T-shirt and decided that I would change twenty minutes before my plane landed. As I gripped the handle of my luggage I realized that Daniel might not remember me. I set my worries aside and figured it could be a fresh start for us so I blissfully left my Vancouver penthouse with a smile on my face.

By the time I got to the airport my manager was already on my case about being ten minutes late. Even though we're taking the Lafontaine jet and the pilot waits for us, she still worries.

"Amberle Rose Lafontaine! Where have you been? You're ten minutes late!" my manager, Elena Jones, shouted.

"Elena, if you wanted me to be on time you should of told me to be here twenty minutes ago." I responded with sass.

She rolled her eyes at me and laughed "Amber, just get on the plane".

"Alright, alright I'm going" I stated as I walked up the stairs into the Lafontaine private jet. I sat down in what my mom calls "the Queen's chair" and pulled out my laptop. Elena quickly followed behind and told the pilot something before she proceeded to sit in the chair across from me.

"Amberle, you know I love you but did you get dressed in the dark?" she said as she cocked her head to the side.

"Don't worry, I'll change before we arrive." I said as I leaned back into my chair.

"Good because if you think you have a lot of fans here then you haven't seen the fan base in L.A. You might as well get some sleep Amber, we'll arrive in about three hours".

"Alright, I'll try" I said as I got myself into a comfy position and drifted back into sleep.

I woke up with hopes and dreams of what meeting Daniel would be like. I quickly changed into a white, off the shoulder, with pink watercolor flowers romper, threw my hair up into a waterfall braid into a pinwheel side bun and proceeded off the plane. The second I stepped off the plane, I was swarmed with my fans and the press. I quickly autographed and took pictures with all of my fans while avoiding the questions of the media. They just wanted to know about my sudden trip to L.A and things like that. I entered my limousine and shut the door on the paparazzi. On the way to the Why Don't We house, I kept picturing what our encounter would be like...

I would enter their house and he would pull me into his warm embrace as I told him how much I missed him. He would tell me how much he missed me too and he would also apologize for not staying in touch with me and obviously I would forgive him. Then he would introduce me to the boys and I would gladly shake their hands and tell it it is an honor to be staying with them. Finally, he would take me to my room and tell me how much this meant to him as he closed the door and left me to unpack.

It would be the perfect moment to revive our friendship.

At last we finally arrived at their house and I was more than eager to meet the boys. I was practically jumping out of my socks and not to mention very impatient. I basically ran to their front door and rang the doorbell. Jack greeted me and told me that Daniel was waiting for this moment since Tuesday. I thanked Jack for letting me stay here and proceeded to meet the rest of the boys. So I greeted Zach, Jonah, and Corbyn and they all gave me compliments and things like that but then I saw him, I saw Daniel Seavey on the staircase and he saw me. It was like time stood still and it was just two long lost best friends waiting to grasp each other. He started running down the stairs and I started running to him until we finally met in the middle and he pulled me into his embrace.

"I missed you so much" his husky breath whispered into my ear.

"I missed you more Daniel Seavey" I whispered into his collarbone since he was taller than me.

"I am so sorry Amber for not staying in touch" he said as he maintained our tight hug.

"All is forgiven Dani, but look at you! You grew up nicely!" I said as I took a step back still holding his arms.

He blushed furiously and there was a slight twinkle is his eyes, "oh stop, but look at you Miss Calvin Klein model! You're gorgeous!".

I laughed as he grabbed my hand.

"Let me show you to your room" he stated as he led me upstairs.

When we got to my room I placed my bags down and he approached me, "Dani, is there something wrong?" I asked.

"No..." he said as he got closer. "I have been dying to tell you something" he lowered his voice and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Dani, you know you can tell me anything..." I said as I looked up into his eyes.

"Amberle Rose Lafontaine, I should of told you this before you moved but I didn't. I'm sorry about that but better late then never right?"

I laughed but he never broke his stare into my eyes.

"Amber, I think I'm-"

________________________________

I woke up on the plane and I realized that it was all a dream...a wonderful dream. It was then I realized that maybe my childhood crush was reforming, and I was truly terrified.

-------------------------------------------------------