Mending Hearts // C8

"With all the smiles you brought me, I never thought that you could cause so many tears" - Unknown

Amberle's POV:

I woke up with dark eye circles and puffy cheeks...geez I looked like a wreck. I guess it was time to fake a smile and head home. Ugh....I was dreading talking to Penelope, I knew she would be pissed at Daniel but it wasn't only his fault, it was mine too and I know that now.

I took a hot shower hoping that it would wash away the pain of yesterday...but it didn't. When I stepped out of the shower, I realized I didn't have anything other than what I was wearing yesterday. So I threw on yesterday's outfit and went to the hotel's gift shop in hopes of finding something decent....I mean if my face gotta look like trash why should my body suffer too? It wasn't much but I found a navy blue floral crop top with a matching skirt. I went upstairs once more to gather my things and change into my new outfit.

When I finished changing into my outfit I stepped out of the bathroom to grab my phone and home keys which were on the nightstand conveniently next to the rose Daniel gave me before all things went wrong. I stared at that rose remembering all the emotions and feelings I felt last night. I was lost in my memories as I felt a tear fall from my face. I quickly wiped away the tear and snapped out of it.

"Damn Danny....why me?" I asked as I rolled my eyes, left the rose and exited my hotel room.
______________________________

As I waited for my Uber to take me back to my living hell...once again I felt a tear escape my eye. I handed my keys to my left hand and wiped the tear away just as a cute boy who looked like Jonah approached me.

"Jonah!" I exclaimed as I saw it truly was Jonah.

"Hey there pretty thing" Jonah said as he embraced me into a hug.

"What are you doing here? How did you know I was here?" I asked in shock.

"You didn't come home last night and I got worried so I tracked your phone to see if you were okay" Jonah said.

"You're too sweet" I said as my Uber pulled up. "Should we go back home together?" I asked as I stepped into the car.

"Nah, I actually have some errands to run but I'll see you back home" Jonah said.

"You're loss" I said as I closed the car door.

I didn't know what to expect when I got back to the house...I know Penelope would be upset so on my way I crafted a lie she'll believe. When I got to the house I unlocked the door, took a deep breath, and went inside.

"AMBERLE ROSE LAFONTAINE!!!" Penelope yelled, "I WAS WORRIED SICK ABOUT YOU!!!" she said as she got up off the couch and embraced me into a hug. "Are you hurt?"

"No, no I just was getting tired and that made me sort of maniacal so I got a hotel room and stayed the night there" I said hoping she would believe me.

She gave me a puzzled look before she said "whatever! I'm just glad you're okay".

It wasn't long until the boys ran into the room and gave me all one big hug.

"Amberle! We were all worried sick about you" Corbyn said.

"Awww, I missed you too" I replied.

"Yeah, you got Penelope all up into a worry last night...I had to hold her in my arms in order for her to sleep" Zach said.

"Penelope was worried? You should've saw Daniel. He didn't sleep at all...he was just waiting by his phone wondering when you would text him" Jack said.

"I didn't mean to worry him" I lied straight through my teeth...I wonder if Jack was telling the truth. "I didn't mean to worry any of you, I just was tired and didn't feel like coming to the house."