A Chapter Closes

Luke's POV.

It was the day after the celebration and Luke was walking down to the village square to meet everyone. Today they were all going back to the fleet and from there they would get their orders on where they would be stationed. The New Republic would now begin. They had a lot of work to do.

As Luke walked down to the village square he began to think back to last night. Raina had told him that she was inlove with him and what was even crazier was that he then told her that he loved her! In any other situation Luke would have tried to convince himself that it was the moment or that he really didn't love her, but the crazy thing was. . .it was all true. He was inlove with her. Jedi or not he had to except that.

Raina had come out at the right time and told him. You see Luke had actually gone out to think for a while about his feelings for Raina. As he thought he began to remember his Uncle and Aunt, Raina's mother and father, and even his own parents. He wondered if their was some good to being inlove. Then he realized there was really only one draw back. You would love them so much that you would never want to loose them. That was the problem.

Luke began to meditate on it and found that if you really loved that someone then. . .you wouldn't destroy yourself to save them. Why? Because they would share your love. He thought back to how Raina had left him just to protect him from her vision and what she had seen in her vision was him turning to the dark side for her. She would have obviously rather have died. Turning to the dark side only left her scarred.

Luke then asked himself a question. Would he do it? Would he turn to the dark side for Raina? It was a hard decision to make, but he made it. Although it would probably kill him, he would never turn to the dark side for her. If he would it would destroy him and maybe ever her. It had obviously destroyed his mother when his father turned.

After making that decision Raina came out. She couldn't have picked better timing. Luke smiled at the memory of her confession. She had thought he was upset, but no. He was thrilled. When the words 'I'm still inlove with you' came out of her mouth Luke had felt a joy he had never felt before. She began rambling on and on and finally Luke couldn't stand it anymore, so he kissed her. It was the best moment of his life.

It was hard though telling her to wait. He honestly didn't want to, but he knew that to be in a relationship and also be safe. . .they would have to wait until she finished her training. She made it quite hard for him to tell her when she tried to kiss him again. He had wanted to and almost let her. It took all the strength he had to stop her. Luke let out a sigh thinking back on everything. His relationship with Raina would never be the same.

He came to the square and saw all his friends standing around. Han and Leia were standing with one another, his arm wrapped around Leia's waist, while Chewie and Raina stood together talking. Luke smiled at his sister and possibly soon to be brother in-law. He couldn't be more happy for Leia.

Luke looked over at Raina. She felt his presence and looked over to meet his gaze. She blushed and smiled. Luke began to feel his heart pounding, remembering the events form the night before. He closed his eyes briefly and exhaled to calm himself. His heart began to beat normally.

Luke sighed and walked over to his friends. "Good morning everyone!" He greeted. Han smiled at Luke. "Hey, Luke. What took you so long?" He asked. Luke chuckled. "Over slept I guess." "A Jedi Master over sleeping? Now I've heard everything." Luke heard Raina comment. There went his heart again.

She walked up next to him. "Hey there Skywalker." She said almost flirtatiously. Luke furrowed his eyebrows. "You haven't called me that since Dagobah." He commented. "Yeah, well it's been too long. I actually like it." She smirked. Luke couldn't help himself. "Me too, but only when you say it." He fought off a smile, when he saw her blush.