Attachements

Raina's POV.

Raina ran towards the camp. She couldn't believe what had just happened. She wanted to smack herself. She got to the camp and sat down on a log. She put her face in her hands and cried. What had she done. "Cry, why do you?" Her masters voice asked. She gasped and looked up at him. "Oh, Master Yoda. I've just done something...awful." She told him, crying. "Something awful, have you done? Tell me, you can." He told her calmly.

She looked around for Luke. He was no where in site. "I did as you said and stopped encouraging Luke, but it didn't work. Today I was doing my exercises and...he came over and began to talk to me. I tired to ignore him, but he persisted. We got to an argument, because he wanted to know why I was avoiding him and I got angry so I told him why and then one thing lead to another and he told me..." She tried to hold back her tears.

Yoda looked calmly at her. "Calm. Be calm." Yoda told her. She nodded. "He told me something and just like you warned me, I couldn't control myself and he kissed me.  And I let him! Master Yoda what am I going to do? I failed." She cried. He sighed. "Warned you,
did I. Deal with this we must. Straighten things out we must before both your destruction it leads." Yoda told her. "Come." He ordered.

She followed him to his hovel. "Wait here." He told her. She nodded and sat down in a chair. A few minutes past and Yoda came back with Luke. He looked over at her, as he sat down. He seemed hurt. She tried to avoid eye contact. Yoda stood in front of the two. "Called here, you both were, to discuss the code of the Jedi." Yoda said. He looked the two in the eye and began to state the code.

"Emotion, there is none. Peace there is.
Ignorance, there is none. Knowledge there is.
Passion, there is none. Serenity there is.
Chaos, there is none. Harmony there is.
Death, there is none. The Force there is." Yoda stated. The two paid close attention occasionally sharing glances.

Yoda began to pace slowly, walking with his cane. "The code that is. Keep it in our hearts, we do, along with its rules and regulations." "Regulations? You mean like control your emotions, don't take the path of the dark side?" Luke asked. Raina looked to Yoda who nodded. "Yes, but more there is." He paused and then looked up at his two students. "As a Jedi given your life to the Jedi order you have. Belong to the Force do you. Things of destruction and distraction turn away from them you must."

He took a deep breath. "The first and third command, talk about today, we shall. Emotion, there is none. Peace there is. And...Passion, there is none. Serenity there is. Exist without the other, one does does not. To live by these rules, control your feeling you must. Anger, aggression, fear. The path to the dark side are they, things of destruction. But just as dangerous are emotions of distraction. The most dangerous being love."

Luke furrowed his eyebrows while Raina looked down. "But I thought as Jedi we are encouraged to love?" He asked. "Yes, love as in, compassion, and selflessness. Romantic love, a distraction it is. Also dangerous it can be. A mixture of both Emotion and Passion. Second to one's significant other, it makes their priorities to the Force. The dark side it can lead to, as it did for Vader, Obi-Wan's apprentice." Yoda told the two.

Luke looked terribly troubled. He looked over to Raina, then back to Yoda. "You mean, we can never- I mean Jedi aren't allowed to fall inlove?" He asked. Yoda nodded his head. "Too many times, have I seen Jedi of my own training and council fall to the dark side, because of their loyalty and love for their significant other. For these reasons attachment is strictly forbidden."

Luke looked down. Raina watched him in sorrow. He looked over at her. She decided not to look away and instead gave him a hint of small sorrowful smile. He swallowed and looked back to Yoda. "We understand, but was this rule made by the council or the The Force." He asked. "Myself and the council, after seeing what marriage and attachment lead to, decided that best it was for attachments to be forbidden. And so it is."