Dark or Light.

Raina's POV.

Raina, the rest of the rebels and ewoks watched as Han went to the security camera, disguised as an Imperial pilot. "It's over, Commander. The Rebels have been routed. They're fleeing into the woods. We need reinforcements to continue the pursuit." He said happily. Raina prayed hat the trick would work.

Han walked away from the camera, took his helmet off and pulled out his blaster. Everyone copied his actions. They all aimed their weapons at the bunker door. Han looked over to Leia and Chewie who were taking cover behind a log. He then looked over to Raina and nodded, telling her to be ready. She nodded back.

Just then the bunker door opened. The Imperial troopers were met by the rebel soldiers and Ewoks with their, blasters and bows drawn and aimed at them. They dropped their weapons and put their hands up.

Han and Raina smiled. He waved her to follow him. She and Han ran into the bunker and set all the charges. "Hurry Han!" She exclaimed. He set the last one. "All set. Let's get outta here!" He yelled.

The two ran as fast as possible out of the bunker, shouting at everyone to take cover. Raina jumped over a log, landing on the ground and laying on her stomach. Han landed right next to her. They all covered their heads. There was a huge blast that erupted, blowing the bunker and the satellite to pieces. The rebel fleet would now be able to make their attack.

Everyone cheered. Raina and Han got up of the ground and hugged. Han went over to Leia to tend to her wound. Raina smiled and watched. He was so inlove with her. She worried though that Leia did not feel the same. She had seen how Leia seemed to care for Luke. After Luke left she cried for an hour and wouldn't stop worrying about him.

Luke had seemed to want to talk to her badly. He even asked Raina to train and protect Leia if he didn't come back. Raina felt the love Luke had for Leia that night. It was strong. And Leia's love for Luke was quite strong as well. Raina looked down after watching the two for a bit. Poor Han. He was so inlove with Leia, but Leia was obviously inlove with Luke, although Raina could feel the love she had for Han also. Maybe the princess was confused. 

Whatever it was she knew how Luke felt. Raina worried that Luke would follow through with his plan. She hoped and prayed that he would return.

Luke's POV.

Luke pressed his back against a wide concrete support beam, under the Emperors platform. He hid in the shadows, praying that his father would not find him. He felt him drawing nearer. "You cannot hide forever, Luke." "I will not fight you." Luke answered.

He closed his eyes and cleared his mind of everything. The first time he had done this had been with Raina. She had taught him how to meditate, how to sense and read different force signatures, and how to sense feelings. She had even taught him how to hide yourself in the Force. Luke had never needed to use it before, but now he did. Luke couldn't help, but remember how calm he had felt and at peace when he had trained with her. She had been an excellent teacher.

Luke also remembered how when he had read her emotions for the first time, that the first one he had felt was love. Not just any type of love, but strong, compassionate, and passionate love.

He had asked her about it and poked fun, saying that she must have had a crush on him. Of course Raina denied all of it, saying he must have read her emotions wrong. She blushed horridly. Luke had just ignored it and thought that it was a fluke. Although he did like giving her a hard time once and a while about it. Though, now Luke knew. . .it had all been true. She had been inlove with him.

Luke closed his mind, pushing all those feelings and thoughts away. He was nothing. He was only the Force. He felt calm and peace come over him. Then Vader spoke. "Give yourself to the dark side. It is the only way you can save your friends."

That's when the peace and calm left him. All he could do now was think of Raina, Leia Han and Chewie. All of his friends. They could be dying for all he knew. Luke scolded himself. He was nothing. He repeated in his mind, but it was too late, his fear and worry had taken over. He felt Vader probing his mind. "Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong." He spoke ominously.

Suddenly Luke felt a trimer in the Force. It was Leia. She had been hurt. She was in pain. Luke began to panic. No he could not let Vader find out about her. He had to protect her. He squeezed his eyes shut, trying hard to push all his thoughts away, but failing. He felt weak and afraid.

Darth Vader continued. "Especially for. . ." Vader paused. Luke felt Vader in his mind again. Luke was in anguish. He tried with all his might to bury all his feelings and thoughts, but Vader was too strong. "Sister! So...you have a twin sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her, too." Luke opened his eyes and shook his head in fear and agony.

He could feel the pride coming from the Dark Lord. Darth Vader continued. "Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me. Now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the dark side, then perhaps she will."

Luke was now only full of rage. He would never let Vader turn Leia to the dark side. Ever. Luke ignited his lightsaber and quickly stepped out in front of Vader. "Never!" He screamed in anger. Luke felt power and strength. He would do anything to protect his sister. Anything.

He rushed at his father and swung rapidly at him. Vader was now forced to use defensive tactics. Luke was full of rage, anger, and protectiveness, all fueled by his love for his sister. Luke and Vader fought viciously. Vader had never seen Luke act so vicious and angry. Luke forced Vader to retreat out from under the cramped area.

He swung his saber quickly and violently at Vader, pushing him to the bridge that connected the room to the elevator. Each stroke of Luke's lightsaber drove his father further to defeat. Finally Vader was knocked to his knees by one of Luke's powerful blows. He raised his saber to block another blow. Luke angrily slashed Vader's right hand off. The Dark Lord cried out in pain. He breathed ragged and heavily.

Luke moved over Vader with his saber pointed at him, ready to finish him off. Before he could, though someone began clapping slowly. "Good!" Luke glanced over to find the Emperor coming down the stairs and smiling happily at what he had just witnessed. "Your hate has made you powerful. Now, fulfill your destiny and take your father's place at my side!" He ordered.

Luke blinked his mind full of anger and hate. Breathing heavily he looked back to Vader to see him lying helpless on the ground. Luke could kill him right there and be done with it. He could even join the Emperor and be the most powerful and feared Sith known in the Galaxy. He would be known as the one who defeated the great Lord Vader. Luke thought of this for one moment, but that was all.

Then he thought of all he had learned, all he had gone through. Obi-Wan, Yoda, his friends, Leia his sister and Raina. Finally he looked down to Vader's right hand, or where it had been. All that was left were colored wires and pieces of metal. The right hand of the Dark Lord had been mechanical. No. The right hand of his father had been mechanical.

Luke looked to his own mechanical right hand and remembered his lesson at the cave. He was becoming just what he had been trying to defeat. He was also going to kill the one person he had been fighting so hard to save. He looked back to his father and closed his eyes, making the decision he had spent his whole life preparing for. Suddenly all the hate, anger and fear disappeared from his being. Now there was only peace and most of all love.

Luke stepped back calmly and deactivated his lightsaber. He turned to face the Sith. He shook his head, looking him fearlessly in the eye. Luke hurled his lightsaber away. "Never." He said sternly. The Emperors smile faded. Luke stood tall and continued. "I'll never turn to the dark side. You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi,. . ." Luke gestured to his father with a move of his head. ". . . Like my father before me." He proclaimed proudly. The Emperor glared at Luke, knowing he had lost. "So be it. . . Jedi."