Compromised

Raina's POV.

The ship connected with a Star Cruiser, near a giant battle that was going on, above the planet Scarif. Raina waited with the princess inside her quarters. She passed back and forth. "What is taking them so long to send the plans? I hope nothing went wrong." She said. "I'm sure they will send them soon. They are very brave to do such a mission." Raina said.

Leia had told her about the Rogue squadron that had gone to Scarif to get the plans to the terrible Death Star. A weapon of the Empire, used to destroy entire planets. Leading them was a girl named Jynn Erso. Raina admired the band of rebels very much. One in the squadron was force sensitive. She had heard a little about him, but not much. The main thing was that he was blind and used the force as his eyes.

Suddenly their was a knock on the door. Raina opened the sliding door. "Yes?" A Lieutenant stood outside looking panicked. "It's Rogue One. They are sending the plans to us right now." He said. "How?" Leia asked. "The shields have been destroyed. The communications are up." He explained. Leia nodded. "Then we must go. Have the plans brought to me immediately." She ordered. "Yes your highness." He bowed and ran off.

"We must go to the pilots station. There the plans will be delivered. Come." She told Raina. Raina nodded. "Yes Princess." Raina walked in front of Leia, as they walked down the hallway. Suddenly there was a sound of an explosion. It rocked the ship slightly. Raina pulled Leia down and covered her. "You, alright?" Leia nodded. "Yes, I believe so." They both stood up.

A captain ran over to them. "The Empire has boarded. The Star Cruiser! We are preparing to be boarded." He said. "Are we certain we will be boarded?" Raina asked. "No, but there is always a chance." He said. Raina nodded. "As soon as you have he plans no matter what the cost. Bring them to me." Leia said. He nodded. Another explosion rocked the ship. "Come Princess. We must get you to safety." Raina told her. Leia nodded.

They got to the pilots station and watched the planet of Scarif. Suddenly they heard screaming. Leia closed her eyes. Raina looked down. People were dying. Risking their lives to get this one little disk. But to them it was more than a disk. It was hope. A hope to finally ending the Empire's terrible reign.

Suddenly a spot on the planet of Scarif turned bright yellow and then white. Raina felt a small feeling of loss. "Oh no." She said. Leia looked down. Everyone became very silent. Rogue One had just been killed.

Just then a man entered the room. "Your highness!" He shouted. He handed her the flat disk. She took it and smiled. A man came up to her. "What is it?" He asked. "Hope." She answered. Raina smiled. They had not died in vain. "We must go immediately." The Commander said. "To light speed." And they were gone.

After they came out of light speed they were over the place where Master Kenobi was. A planet called Tatooine. As soon as they thought they were safe everyone cheered. Leia and Raina began to talk about what they were going to do next, when suddenly there was a large explosion. Leia hit the wall and fell down. Raina knocked into the door. She leaned down to Leia. "Are you okay?" She nodded. "Yes."

"Commander what was that?" Raina asked.  asked. He looked grimly at her. "The Empire. They're here." Leia covered her mouth. What now? They hadn't expected the Empire to follow them. And without back up, they would certainly be boarded. Leia looked over to Raina. "Come with me. There's still one last hope." She said desperately. Raina nodded.

Leia went to a small blue and silver droid and told it to follow her. It did as it was told. They went into a small area in the back of the ship. "What are you doing?" She asked. "There is no way we are escaping them. We are doomed, but these plans can escape." She explained holding up the disk. Raina understood. "Your putting them inside the droid." Raina said. Leia nodded. "Yes. Then maybe it will be able to find Obi-Wan Kenobi. He will then be able to get the plans to my father on Alderaan and then the Rebel Alliance will send someone to rescue us." Leia explained. Raina nodded.

She knew the chances of being rescued were slim, but after all that she had seen and been through, the rebel alliance seemed to be most important to her now. "Do it quickly." She told her. Leia nodded. She told the droid what to do, then she taped a message and put the plans inside the R2 unit. Suddenly there was another explosion. Sounds of blasters going off filled the halls. They were here. "We must hide." Raina told Leia. She nodded. "Go." Leia  told the droid. And he went off.

Minutes later, three storm troopers came to where they were hiding. Raina got out and shot at the troopers and told Leia to run. She did, but before she could make it they shot Leia. "No!" Raina yelled. She shot again, but missed. A trooper shot at her. Her knees buckled and everything went black.

Raina woke up in a chair. Her hands had binds on them and her blaster was gone. She looked around and saw two storm troopers watching her. She had been caught, but where was Leia? She looked out the window and saw that the were heading for a large moon. No. It was too big...a space station! It was the Death Star! Raina prayed that Leia was okay. She knew that they would try and get information from her just like they would do with her.

When they got to the Death Star the stormtroopers dragged her out of the ship. Raina looked around and saw Leia being pulled off as well. "Leia!" She yelled. Leia's head snapped to Raina. "Raina!" She shouted.

Then Raina felt a familiar darkness over her. She looked behind Leia and saw a man in all black with a black helmet. He looked ominous. Darth Vader. The man who killed her master. She glared at him. He slowly looked over at her. He had felt her. She looked away.

The troopers took her to a cell. They did the same with Leia. There she sat waiting for what was to come next.