The Cave

The two found a small cave. "Its stronger here." Luke noticed. Raina agreed. She shivered. "Your right." She answered. They both walked into the cave. Luke lead the way, walking in front. Raina looked at the walls of the dark cave. Snakes and lizards trailed down them. She grimaced.

Soon they came to a fork in the cramped cave. Luke nodded his head to the right. Raina cautiously followed, suddenly she heard quiet of whispers echoing through the cave. She stopped in her tracks. She listened and realized it was coming from the other passageway. She turned to tell Luke, but when she turned to him, she saw that he was no where to be found. "Luke?" She called. Nothing. The whispering grew slightly louder. She couldn't make out any words.

She cautiously walked over to the other passageway. She entered it, gripping her lightsaber. At the end of the passageway, there was an opening into a large area of the cave. She walked in. It was dark and the whispers were silenced. She looked around. She felt a strange darkness around her.

Suddenly she was grabbed by a hand. A red lightsaber was put under her throat. She gasped and tried to reach for her lightsaber, but before she could she heard someone yell her name. "Raina!" She looked up to see Luke. He had his lightsaber drawn. "Let her go!" He shouted. "Luke!" She shouted to him. "So we finally meet young Skywalker." Vader's voice said. "Please. It's me you want, not her!" He begged.

"Yes. You are right. Join me Luke. And together we can rule the galaxy." Raina shook her head to Luke. Luke looked to Raina with worried eyes. Then he looked back to Vader. "You know, that if you fight me untrained, that you will both die. Don't be a fool. Join me Luke." Vader said strongly. Luke swallowed and looked from Raina to Vader. "If I join you...will you let her go?" He asked. Raina gasped. "Luke no!" She shouted.

"Why are you willing to risk so much for this girl?" Darth Vader asked. Luke looked at Raina, as if in thought. Then he smiled softly. "Because...I love her." He said. Her eyes widened. "Luke, no." She whispered. "Yes. Raina, I'm inlove with you. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner." He told her. She was speechless. He actually loved her.

"So...you have fallen inlove. I'll bargain with you. Join me Luke and I will let her go...unharmed." He told Luke. "Luke no. Please don't do this!" She yelled. He looked sorrowfully at her, then at Vader. He shut down his lightsaber and threw it onto the ground. "I will do whatever you ask. Just please, don't hurt her. Let her go." He begged.

"Come." He told Luke. Luke did as he was told. Vader put down his lightsaber and walked away from Raina. Raina fell on her knees, crying as she watched Luke join Vader's side. "Luke no! No Luke. Please!" She begged. "I love you, Raina. Goodbye." He said. With that he and Vader walked off, leaving Raina alone. She put her hands on her face and cried.

Luke walked down the long passageway. He looked back to Raina, but found that she was gone. "Raina? Raina where are you?" He called. There was no answer. He felt worry course through him, but suddenly he felt drawn to continue down the passageway.

He walked down to see another passage. He began to examine the opening.  Suddenly he heard a deep mechanical breathing. He looked down the dark passage. His eyes widened and he began to shake. Vader. He was walking towards Luke. Luke backed up and immediately drew his lightsaber. Vader drew his as well. Vader slashed at Luke, but he blocked it.