Wrong To Protect

Raina's POV.

Raina was with Leia getting ready for the mission. She tried to do anything she could to keep her mind off of yesterdays events. "I'm so glad we're all back together again." Leia said happily. Raina responded by smiling awkwardly. She then looked back down to her her survival pack that she was packing.

Leia looked at Raina oddly, then looked back down. "Speaking of being together again. . .did you talk to Luke at all yesterday?" Leia asked. Raina looked sharply over to Leia who was also packing. Raina tried to put on a nonchalant attitude. She shrugged and shook her head. "Not really, why?" She asked. Leia furrowed her eyebrow. "Why? Because! Everyone knows that you two can't go a minute without seeing each other let alone a whole year! I would have thought you both would have gone crazy by now." She said with a laugh.

Raina rolled her eyes. "Yeah, well we've both grown up a lot this past year. I doubt you'll be seeing much of that anymore." Raina said. Leia furrowed her eyebrows. "Raina, you and Luke have been inseparable sense you met! Your best friends! What's happened between the two of you?" Leia asked in concern.

"Nothing. We've just...grown apart that's all. Luke is living a completely different life then I am. We've gone our separate ways." Raina said putting some rations in her pack. She really didn't want to talk about it. "I thought you two wanted the same thing. To become a Jedi. Last I remember  you two went to find a master and train." "That is all true, but. . .I don't want that life anymore. It's just not for me." Raina lied.

Leia walked over to her and looked her in the eye. Raina tried to avoid her eyes. "Raina? What happened on Dagobah,. . .while you were with Luke?" Leia asked. Raina looked at her in surprise. "What are you talking about?" She asked. "Luke mentioned to me some things that happened." Leia said. "Like what?" She asked cautiously.

"He told me that you two went into this cave and that you saw a vision. Something that had to do with your personal life. He didn't tell me what exactly. Anyway he said that you began to act strange and then one night you just packed up your things and left. Gave up on being a Jedi. He woke up the next morning and had no idea why you left or where you had gone. He was really hurt." Leia spoke to Raina cautiously and sadly.

Raina looked down. "Leia. . ." Leia interrupted her. "I'm not judging you for leaving, Raina. I just was wonder what you saw in that vision, exactly? And why did it cause you to give up your life dream?" She asked. Raina shook her head. "It's complicated." Raina answered. "When is something ever not complicated around here? Raina, please, you can tell me. I promise I won't tell anyone. You can trust me." Leia said.

Raina sighed, "Leia, I. . . You have to promise not to say anything to Luke about this, alright?" Leia nodded and looked at her in concern, "I promise." She sat down on the cot with Raina.

"In the cave, I was walking with Luke. We started down a tunnel, but suddenly I. . . I heard low whispering. I turned for a moment to see where it was coming from. When I turned back, Luke was gone. I followed the whispering back to a fork in the cave. I went down the other tunnel, it ended up leading to a room like opening. Suddenly, I was grabbed by a black gloved hand, then a lightsaber was brought against my neck." Leia gasped.

"I then heard Luke yelling for me. He came out of the tunnel and saw Vader holding me. Luke told Vader to let me go, but he refused. Luke threatened to fight Vader but he was not afraid. Instead, he threatened my life, offering Luke to instead decide to join him." Raina took a deal breath. 

"Luke then asked Vader that if he joined him, would he then let me go." Rain shook her head, while looking down. "I yelled to Luke, telling him not to do it, but he ignored me. Darth Vader asked Luke why he would sacrifice so much for me and Luke looked at me, and then said something." Raina paused not wanting to go on. "What did he say?" Leia asked worriedly. ". . .he said that he would sacrifice himself. . .because he was in love with me."