Escape

Raina's POV.

The group ran down the corridor and stopped at a bay window. Raina and Leia looked out and saw a old beat up ship. By the look of it it was a Corellian Freighter. Ever since Raina began flying and traveling throughout the galaxy, she had picked up some knowledge about piloting.

Luke's droid C3PO spoke into Luke's comlink. Luke answered. "We're right above you. Stand by." "You came in that thing? You're braver that I thought." Raina commented. "Nice! Come on!" Han said. They all went around a corner and saw stormtroopers coming toward them. Luke took a step in front of Leia and Raina.

Without thinking Han took off running toward the stormtroopers, firing his blaster and yelling. Chewbacca followed. "Get back to the ship!" Han yelled back to the group. "Where are you going? Come back!" Luke yelled. "He certainly has courage." Leia mused. Luke seemed quite angry at Han. "What good will it do us if he gets himself killed? Come on!" He ordered.

Just then every alarm in the Death Star went off. The crew was being notified of the rebels. Luke pushed the girls in front of him. "Go on! I'll cover us." He yelled. The girls ran toward a doorway. When they got through they quickly stopped realizing that there was no bridge.

Luke, now ran through. He was looking behind him and didn't see the deep shaft. Raina and Leia grabbed him, preventing him from falling to his death. "I think we took a wrong turn." He said. "What now?" Raina asked. Before Luke could answer stormtroopers glided the hall way and began to shoot at them.

Leia pressed a button making the hatch close. "There's no lock!" She exclaimed. Luke pulled Leia away from the controls and held her close to him. Raina hid behind Luke. He blasted the control panel. " That oughta hold it for a while." "Quick, we've got to get across. Find the control that extends the bridge." Raina told Luke. Luke looked sheepishly at her. "I think I just blasted it." Raina huffed in frustration. The hatch began to shutter. "They're coming through!" Leia exclaimed.

Just then a blast hit above Luke's head. The trio moved against the side of the doorway. Luke began to fire back at the stormtroopers above. He hit two. Two more were left. "Here hold this." He told Raina. She took the blaster and fired back. She hit one. "Here they come!" Leia said as the hatch opened slightly

Luke quickly grabbed Leia. Raina looked over and saw that he was planing on swinging across the shaft. Knowing that the cable would only hold two people Raina smiled at Luke. "Go on! You can make it. I'll hold them off." She told him. Luke looked at her with worry. He obviously didn't want to leave her. "It's okay. Go!" She said.

Luke reluctantly turned away and looked towards the other side of the shaft. Raina kept firing at the stormtroopers that were left. Just then she saw Leia kiss Luke. "For luck." She told him. He looked stunned. Raina felt a twinge of jealousy rise in her. She shook it off. Luke swung across the shaft and landed on the other side. Raina smiled. They had made it.

The hatch opened and the storm troopers began to run toward her. She turned towards them ready to fire. Suddenly Raina felt someone grab her by the waist. She gasped and turned around to see who it was. It was Skywalker. He had swung back for her. "Hold on." He told her. She did as told. He jumped and they made it to the other side. Luke untied the cable. "Let's go!" Luke said and they all ran down the hallway.

The three finally came to the docking bay. Han and Chewie were already there waiting. "What took you so long?" He asked. "We ran into some old friends." Raina answered. "Is the ship all right?" Luke asked. "Seems okay, if we can get to it. Just hope the old man got the tractor beam out of commission." Han answered.

Suddenly Luke's eyes grow wide. "Look!" He points across the docking bay. There, Darth Vader and a man in Jedi robes, dueled with lightsabers. Raina knew there was only one person who it could be. Obi-Wan Kenobi. Troops that were once surrounding the ship were now on they're way to see the battle. "Now's our chance! Go!" Han said.