Chapter 14: Affair

Unedited

Chapter 14: Affair

After leaving the office we went back to Chance mom's house to check on Ayanna. We had left her there while we had gone to the lawyer's office, which I was still trying to wrap my head around. How had I gone in there from telling Chance I wanted to take things slow to leaving engage? Then there was the Rose conundrum.

I had asked Chance about her on the way home. He told me all he was able to remember about that night was just like the other time. He had gone to a bar after a long day at the office and started drinking. There would be a girl there who remind him of me and then he took her back to her place. When he woke up a few hours later he notices what had happened and just got up and left. He never once thought that any of these girls could be my sister or that I had any siblings out there. He was as much in the dark like I was.

Here I was sitting now in one of the lawn chairs watching Chance run around the backyard with Ayanna thinking how they both seem much happier with one another. Ayanna laugher was filling the air around us as she played with her father with Chance's laugher mix with hers, bring a smile to my face. I knew I was doing the right thing about finally giving Chance the opportunity he had been asking for all week, just seeing my daughter happy. I just wasn't so sure able being engaged to a guy I really didn't know anymore.

I knew this was the only way I could have my new life, while keeping Rose out of it. I just hope Chance kept his word and didn't try to push me into marrying him any time soon. I was still trying to get used to this new Chance and try to forget the old one that I knew growing up. It was wrong for me to keep throwing that in his face when he has shown me time and time again that he not the same boy.

"Mommy" Ayanna screams running over to me, which Chance changes her from behind. "Help the monster going to get Me." she was laughing as her father made a rowing sound.

I leaned over opening my arms up to her. Right when she was at fingertip length Chance picked her up swings her around "Oh No you don't. You're mine." He laughed, giving her butterfly kisses along her face.

"Daddy stop." she giggled. He put her back down on her feet only for her to run off again. "You can't chance me." she playfully yelled back over to him.

He looked over at her and smiled. "That little girl's got too much energy. How did you handle her for all this year?" he asked while keeping his head turned watching Ayanna run around.

"I had help. Your forgetting there was Julia, her brother Greg there for me when she was a baby. Then, with Carlos, Julia's boyfriend, who a goofball and with those three plus Aunt Maria she always had someone to play with." I answered, feeling a little guilty I hadn't let Chance be there to help with her also.

I down cased my eyes, feeling gently, till he brought his forefinger and middle together under my chin and brought my head back up to look into his eyes. "I'm glad to know you had help and that you didn't have to do it all on your own. Don't start going back into your shell and blocking me out for something that happen in the past. We're past all that bullshit and we're going to be a happy family now. I'm not going anywhere and will be beside your side from this day till the day I die."

"Daddy, come play with Me." we heard Ayanna voice break through his speech.

He turns around giving her a bright smile. "In a moment, let me talk to your mommy for just a second, princess." Then he turns back around to face me as I watched Ayanna turn back to play with the flowers around the garden. "You are my life Milly, along with Ayanna now. If I have to fight all over again just to know that one day you feel for me the way I feel for you I will."