Chapter 3: Making Changes

Waking up the next day it took me a moment to get my bearing straight. I wasn't in my bed and for that split of a second I forgot about everything that had happened yesterday. Then it all came crashing down on me at once being at school, getting sick, going to the hospital to find out I'm pregnant and leaving home without a word to my love once.

I sat up looking at plain white walls rethinking everything. Was I making the right decision was this what I need to do. Can I really give this baby the love and support it needs without its father around? I sighed as I thought about the secret I would be keeping from my own child now. I didn't want to go back home and deal with the drama and having to cope with Chance finding out. Even though I'm sure he would around anyways. If I had stayed and told him I'm sure he would have just laughed at me and walked away.

There was a knock on the door before I saw Greg opening the door soon after. He was dressed in a business attire with an unfix tie around his neck, "Good your up, how did you sleep?" he asked walking in.

"Okay, I guess," I said, feeling uneasy being in here with him.

"That's nice to hear," he acknowledged doing his tie well still looking over at me, "Listen, Julia told me that you're pregnant and that you ran away from home cause you don't want anyone to know about it, so you have nothing to worried about with me." I watched as he pushed the finished tie up to his neck "But have you thought what you're going to do if someone around here takes notice of who you are and reports you back home?"

"No, I never thought about that. I guess since I was so far away, I didn't think it matter." I amended not thinking this whole thing though, but what we said had made sense.

"Okay, I don't know what you're going to do about your apprentice, but I can tell everyone that you're a long descent cousin and you moved here to start a new life. We will just tell everyone that your last names Rivers and not Dunn. The rest is up to you. But I'm sure with your father being a smart business man, he properly already figured out where you are by now. If not, he might by the end of the day."

"What makes you think he will find me?" I asked. The way he talked about knowing my parent was starting to make me mad when he knew nothing of us personally.

"It's simple your car for one. He could have the police running your plates. Then I'm also sure you have a bank account that he can get into has well. All he has to do is see where you're making purchases and then he's at my door by night fall, dragging you home." He explained to me "Listen I'm not trying to make you worry. I'm just trying to help you has it seemed you haven't thought about any of this on your six hour drive here."

Which all that was true, I hadn't thought of any of that. This all was confusing has ever. I took in a deep breath and closed my eyes. I knew what I had to do and do it fast "Ok, thank you. I'll have it all handled by this afternoon." I said open my eyes to see he had his eyebrow raised at me.

"Good to know." He walked back over to the door and turn to face me again with his hand on the doorknob "Before I forget, I need you to come to the restaurant this afternoon so you can meet the staff you will be working with. The address is on the table with breakfast. Have a good day and I'll see you this afternoon" without waiting for my reply he walked out of the room leaving me once again with my thoughts.

Getting out of the bed and walked back down the hall. I could make out pictures here and there of kids growing up. There was one of a younger Julia missing a few teeth, her brother Greg and a beautiful woman all smiling at the camera. It reminded me of the photo back home that sat on dad's desk of me and mom on my tenth birthday. We both were looking at the camera, smiling with my pink birthday cake under me. I remember as soon as the picture was taken and my mom walked away Chance had been behind me and pushed my face into the cake making me cry. My parents had another cake to the side just in case, but after that I wasn't in the mood to celebrate so I lock myself in my room and refused to come out.