Chapter 2: Secret is Born

(Unedited, 2nd draft, still needs work) 

Chapter 2: The Secret is Born

'I'm going to be sick' I thought, watching my teacher throw some vegetables into the pan as she tries to educate us on how to make a basic vegetable soup. This sickness has been going on for the past few weeks, there was some weird stomach flu going around so I could only hope it passes soon.

Once the teacher started talking about temperature control, I tuned her out. Being raised in a kitchen, I've already known the basic knowledge about running a restaurant and how to cook the food that was being served.

My father took it upon himself to teach me basic stuff around the restaurant on what to do and not to do. When I turn sixteen, he made me become a hostess, so I could learn how to communicate with the customers better when they came in. The first impression was always important because you always wanted your guest to feel welcome. Leaving me to learn how to hold my tongue when I dealt with a rude customer or employee.

Going back to listen to the teacher's instructions, while focusing on my breathing and waited for the numerousness to go away. However, the deeper I inhale the soup smell; I felt myself getting sick making me run out the door to the bathroom with my head over the toilet. After emptying my stomach, I sat up and lean my head against the cold brick wall, thinking back on my life since that night with Chance.

I was happy I hadn't seen him since that night or even heard a word from him. My mother told me that his parents had taken him away for a surprise vacation to France, the day after when had gotten together, so I only wonder what life would be like after he got back. I was almost certain he would treat me like all his other conquests and leave me alone.

Knowing it wasn't going to help me any sitting around on the bathroom floor, I went to stand up when the feeling hit me once again.

"Lilly, are you in here" I overheard a woman's voice asking. Unlocking the door and poked my head out to see a red hair girl about my height with clear green eyes. She seems to be the type of girl the guys would chase down with her perfect curvy figure. "Are you alright?"

"No, I can't seem to get over this nauseous feeling I've had for the past week or so" I implied.

She walked over to me as I was still sitting on the floor, trying to get my bearings straight. "Do you need someone to take you to the hospital?"

"I think I'll wait until after class," I said, finally getting up and walking to the sink to clean out my mouth. The little bit of water was making me feel nauseous all over again, but I could hold it down. As I place my hands against the sink and took in my appearance. My blond hair was all tangled in the mess-up bun that I put it up in, this morning. My skin looked pale and there were dark circles under my eyes, from the lack of sleep I've been getting. "Maybe you're right. I should probably go to the hospital." I turn to her and sucking out my hand, "I'm Lilly Dunn."

"Julie Rivers," she introduced herself while shaking my hand. "Do you want me to give you a ride? The class is over."

"That would be nice," I reply, shaking my head walking out of the bathroom down the hall to the outside. As I breathe in the humid summer air and started to feel dizzy as we walked towards her car. It seemed a little run down on the outside, but it appears to be in good running condition as we rode to the hospital.

Once at the hospital, the doctor drew some blood. Julia stayed with me, as we became more acquainted with one another. I found out that she was from a small town about six hours from here and was only taking this summer cooking class, so she could learn the basics to work in her brother restaurant. She was a very sweet and easy-going person to talk to. "So you know a little about me, what about you?"