Chapter 8: Living Arrangements

(Unedited: So PLEASE NO COMMENTS ON MY GRAMMAR- Thanks)

Chapter 8: Living Arrangements

Walking into work I keep repeating want Chance had told me about how he plan on stay here and there wasn’t anything I could do about it. Why was all I couldn’t understand, why was he doing all this? Why did he seem alright with all this? The more I thought about it the more it confused me. All I know was I couldn’t keep fighting him on this, in the end it would only hurt Ayanna. 

“Lost in your own world again, Lilly?” I heard his sickening voice say. I don’t know what it was about Marcus voice but every time he spoke to me it made me skin crawl. “I’m glad you have come back home to me.”

I turn to see him smiling that sheepish smile of his. “You, I’m not your Marcus.” I spit back at him. I was still on an up roar with my fight with Chance that I was ready to let loss on him now. “Stop with the flirting with me every morning when you see me. You sickening me in every way there is. Now leave me the hell alone.” I didn’t give him time to say anything back has I turn back to go to the kitchen when I saw Greg standing there with the double doors whip open.

“What the hell is going on outside here? We’re about to open?” he yelled at us, “You know what never mind I don’t want to know. All I do know is that you two better start getting along or less.”

“Or less what Greg, you’ll fire me?” I throw back at him. I know I wasn’t really mad at him but after the fight with Chance this morning and now Marcus coming on to me I couldn’t really handle it.

The look on Greg face was almost murders. I knew he wouldn’t fire me but I was really starting to second guess myself. He leaded down and pinched the bridge of his nose and started to breath in and out to try to calm himself down. “Ok Lilly I know you have a lot going on right now with your father death and Ayanna father showing back up so how about you take a few more days off and try to sort throw it all.”

Before I could say anything back to him I felt someone throw their arms around me “Oh angel I didn’t know you father died.” I heard his imposture voice say has he pulled me to his chest, “there no need to be sad, I’m here for you.”

I flow my arms up and pushed him off me “Marcus go to hell, I don’t need you around me.” I scream at him.

Then he did the unthinkable he started laughing “Oh I get it. Now that baby daddy’s back in the picture you think you can get tossed me to the side. Not going to happen Angle your mind.” Then he started walking back over to me. I felt my back it the end to one of the table and looked over at Greg for help. But he was just watching with horror in his eyes. Why wasn’t he helping me?

“Marcus I’m not yours or anyone’s.” I throw back at him. “Has for Ayanna’s father bring back, he back because of her not me.”

“Right, then you’re a fool to believe that. I’m sure once he saw you again he wants you back all to himself but he not getting it.” he said finally getting to me and trapping me in between his arms “I’ll kill that son of bitch before he can lay a hand on you.”

“Who are you plan on killing.” I heard his voice yet again. “I think it be best for you to step back from Milly before you get yourself killed.” That when I turn to the door and saw Chance walking to us. If looks could kill Marcus would be six feet under has I saw Chance green eyes turn a darker stormy green has he got closer.

“Who the hell is Milly?” Marcus asked looking over at him also, but not removing himself. “And why we’re at it who are you?”

But this time Chance was already standing by use.  He pulled Marcus arm always and grab my before Marcus could do anything about it and pulled me to him “Milly is the mother of my beautiful daughter Ayanna. So if you’re not asking for a death wish I suggest you keep away from her.” Chance then looked down at me and smiled. I guess he liked the idea that I was wrapped in his arms and I wasn’t pulling away for once, since my father funeral.