Chapter 21: Visions of the Future

(Unedited, 2nd draft)

Chapter 21: Visions of the Future

"Milly, please give me some sign you can hear me?" I could hear his cries once my world started coming back into focus. His hand wrapped around mine clutching to it very gently, which made me squeeze his back. "Milly can you hear me?" he now sounded more exultant that I was reacting back to him. "Nurse, Nurse." I could hear him crying out now, as he ran out of the room.

It was silent for a moment as I felt his hand leave mine until more voices came into play. "Sir, you need to calm down, or we will have to ask you to leave the ICU." A female voice said walking into the room.

"But she squeezed my hand; I think she's finally waking up." Chance tries to explain to her.

"Milly, please give me some sign you can hear me?" I could hear his cries once my world started coming back into focus. His hand wrapped around mine clutching to it very gently, which made me squeeze his back. "Milly can you hear me?" he now sounded more exultant that I was reacting back to him. "Nurse, Nurse." I could hear him crying out now, as he ran out of the room.

It was silent for a moment as I felt his hand leave mine until more voices came into play. "Sir, you need to calm down, or we will have to ask you to leave the ISU." A female voice said walking into the room.

"But she squeezed my hand; I think she's finally waking up." Chance tries to explain to her.

"Sir, she has only been out for twelve hours and just got out of surgery about ten of those hours from removing the bullet; it could be her muscles reacting to the surgery."

"No, I'm telling you she is waking up." Chance reassures her since I've yet to say anything.

Then I felt his rough hand wrap against my right hand along with a softer hand on my left. "Miss Dunn if you can hear me, please squeeze my hand."

I squeezed just Chance but not hers, "See she is waking up."

"That's just her muscles twitching from the medication. You have to think she's going to be in a lot of pain, and she's lucky that the bullet didn't hit anything too severe. Now please either sit here quietly, or we will have to ask you to leave." Then I felt her hand left mine has her footstep faded away.

"Chance, what happen?" I asked when I knew we were alone.

"Milly, thank god." Chance almost yelled. "Let me go get the nurse."

"No Chance, tell me what happen" I started opening my eyes, seeing the gray walls with the guy that I was madly in love with next to me with a worried look upon his face.

"Rose shot you in the shoulder. The bullet hit a bone and got lounged; they had to put you in surgery to remove it. Rose is in the hospital under an officer watch. Marcus and her will be going to jail for attempted murder." He explains gripping my right hand and kissing my fingers repeatedly.

"When did you find out what happen?" I asked, looking into those green eyes, wanting more than anything to take away the anxiety out of his eyes.

"I just pulled up into the driveway when I saw two police cars pull up from behind me. One told me to stay in the vehicle with Ayanna has someone called in a gunshot coming from inside the house. I had never been so scared in my life. However, when I heard the second shot go off I ran out of the vehicle telling Ayanna to stay put as me and the other officer ran in the house. I saw you fall to the floor bleeding from your shoulder, and I thought she had shot you in the heart. I've never been so scared of losing you again until I was at that moment." He went on and explain.