Chapter 4- Hope For Maybes *Edited*

LC’s POV:

I roll out of bed the next morning beating my alarm clock to the punch and hour before  it was supposed to go off. Not having gotten any sleep at all I get up and make my way to the shower to try and get rid of my sleepiness. I turn the water on waiting for it to get hot and look at the damage that has been done to my face from all the crying that happened yesterday.

I don’t look like myself. Where bags should be under my eyes from lack of sleep are replaced with puffiness from crying. My normal Gray-Blue eyes are just Gray today. My face is blank. It also looks like it’s time to take out all the unopened make-up that mom has gotten me so that I can cover the bruise on my neck and arms that looks as if Ryder’s hand are still there.

As soon as I’m in the shower the tears fall again. I try to stay silent knowing that the water will only do so much to mask the sound of my sobbing from everyone in this house. This house full of people who have incredible hearing.

I start to replay what all went down yesterday in my head. Ryder. At first I was so shocked. Shocked that Ryder just snapped like that. But now that I look at these past two weeks, it doesn’t seem too far-fetched. Why me? I don’t mean that I wish that it happened to someone other than me. But what is so great about me that the thought of me being with someone else would just set Ryder off like that?

This just shows that I need to stay away from Mr. Parker. If Ryder, who’s not my mate, reacted that way, what would my mate actually do after he finds out that I have a boyfriend? I never should have went out with Ryder and just muted my school-girl crush.

 I have to go to class though. If I don’t, my brothers will get on my case and find everything out before I’m ready to let them know. That is, if I do want them to ever know. But I can NEVER be alone with Mr. Parker. Also, until I can break it off with Ryder for good, Mr. Parker can’t so much as breathe in my direction. I don’t know what Ryder would do if he smelt him on me again. I don’t want to know.

Things could’ve been so much worse yesterday. Ryder could’ve taken what he has no right too.

After standing under the water for about 15 minutes, I wash and condition my hair then wash myself. Trying to put all my focus on that so that something else will occupy my mind.

After another 15 minutes I get out of the shower and wrap a towel around me. As I’m brushing my teeth I stare at my face again. I’m going to have to play this “sickness” really well. I don’t want my brothers, mom or dad to question me. I don’t know if I’d be able to keep it from them.

After I’m done with that, I pull out some foundation that my mom got me a while back. I break the seal and get to work. After doing a good job of covering the bruises up I go to change. I decide to wear jeans today so that there’s no chance of Ryder or God forbid Mr. Parker getting their hands that close to my core again. It was almost too easy for them yesterday. Screw skirts and dresses.