Chapter 14- Next step? Why not?

A/N: HEY EVERYONE! Sorry that it took me so long. I tried to write as much as I could when I was away from home and I got a good start to a chapter done but didn't really get far. I just got back last night and had a lot to do today but I can't make you guys wait any longer.

Just want to say hi to all of my new fans! Thank you for fanning me!

Also for adding my story to your library, the comments and the votes! You guys are all really awesome!!

Hope you all like this chapter! Actually, please don't be mad at me. That's all I'm saying.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LC’S POV

For the beginning part of the day we spent it at my house. My family, Blake, Carter, Riley, Chase and I all sat around in the living room just getting to know each other.

Every once and a while, when Chase would look away for a second, my mom and Riley would look at me excitedly with a huge grin while clapping their hands. Can you tell that they’re excited?

My dad and Chase, despite their age difference, get along really well. You can tell that my dad holds a lot of respect for Chase being an Alpha at such a young age and having such a smooth transition into our Pack.

I smile thinking about how the respect goes both ways. Even though he’s the Alpha of the pack, when my dad would give an opinion on a matter Chase would soak it all in and fully consider it.

It also shows how humble he is. Taking advice from a person, who by rank is “lower” than him, yet he doesn’t treat any of us in the pack as such. We’re all equal.

My brothers all seem to like him very much.

B likes Chase but in actuality, he’s just relieved that my mate is an Alpha who is stronger than us regular Weres‘. Which just means more and better protection for me. Overprotective brothers. Plus, he can tell that I’m truly happy and as he’s told me before, that’s all he wants.

After the way he saw Chase protect Riley the night that Ryder showed up and the concern he had for her has gained loyalty from Ace. You can see that by the way he keeps a more watchful eye out now that he is willing to risk his life to protect his Alpha as Chase did with his mate and sister.

Blake, like everyone else I’ve found out, is still rather intimidated by Chase but like he’s told me before, he likes Chase. He too feels like he is a really great Alpha and hey, he’s not chasing the guy out of my life like he used to do with every other guy that would show interest so I’m not complaining.

Now Carter and Chase, that’s a whole other story. At one point of the morning Chase pulled Carter aside and from what we all could hear he was thanking Carter for saving me from Adam. Carter told him that anyone would have done the same but Chase joked and told him that he did to Adam what he wished he could’ve. He then told him that, although all the men in my life are protective, Carter carries a really protective presence with him and it’s not just reserved for me. After that we couldn’t hear anything but when they came out Chase had a huge grin on his face and Carter looked shocked but held a real confident and proud smile on his face.