Chapter 20- Lane meet Leah. The evil side.

LC’s POV:

It’s now Wednesday and there is still no sign of Ryder. The past three days and two nights Chase, Carter and some of the men from the pack would go out and try to track Ryder down. Every time they come either his scent ends, or it leads them in circles.

I keep telling Chase that Ryder was a cop so he knows more or less on how to keep people off your trail. He basically learned from the mistakes of the criminals that he has caught.

It also seems as if the Rogue has left. There is no scent of her anywhere so she probably didn’t realize that she crossed over unto our land and left once she noticed.

Despite the stress that we all have, getting to spend so much time with my family, pack and now Chase’s family has helped ease it. Since the Rogue has left we gave everyone the chance to go home but no one has. We all enjoy each other’s company.

When we got home from school, Chase started doing his routine that he had been doing these past few days. Come home, spend some time with his family, tell the men to get ready to go out and then come and spend some quality time with me up in our room.

This time though. After he spoke with his family I stole him away to our room before he could tell the men to get ready. I asked him if he could call off the search for one night so that we could finally have that party for Carter.

He was against it at first but after a few passionate kisses and a pout from me, he gave in, though, with much reluctance.

We decided that it would be ok to hold the party outside, give everyone some air, so we did.

I still can’t believe how beautiful it is out here. The flickering orange from the bon fires, the lights hung up all around the gazebos, the stars.

I love it.

I noticed that we were running low on dip and chips so I went into the house to get more.

As I was stirring the dip I felt a presence behind me.

I stiffened when I felt heat on my neck and arms wrap around my waist.

I immediately relaxed when I felt sparks and was overwhelmed with Chase’s heavenly scent.

I sighed and leaned into him.

“Hi, baby.” Chase said while running his hands up and down my sides; succeeding in distracting me from making the dip.

Feeling the heat that his body was giving off, plus the feeling of his hands on me was driving me insane.

I bit my lip to hold in a moan. I was doing good at holding it in until he started placing wet kisses up and down my neck and a moan escaped my lips.