Chapter 23 - Putting trust to the ultimate test.

“Jake.” Chase growls lowly and I can’t help but giggle.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Just wait a second I’m almost done.” He replies.

“He’s such an idiot.” Jess says under her breath and rolls her eyes.

She’s annoyed with Jake, who I learned is her brother, but as soon as she looks at B her eyes sparkle and she blushes. B just smiles and kisses her cheek.

I mentally ‘Aw’ and look away from them just in time to see Mike, as he told me to call him, grab Jake by his shoulder, successfully stopping him from walking circles around me, and pull him to a chair to sit down.

“That’s enough of that, Jake. Leave her alone.” Mike says and gives me a light shove towards Chase.

I mouth ‘Thank you’ to him and he sends me a wink.

“I was just getting a better look. Making sure she’s good enough for Chasey boy.” Jake says and smirks when he sees Chase scowl at the nick name.

“By the way…” we all look to Jake to see him giving Chase two thumbs up while wiggling his eyebrows.

I blush and burry my head in Chases chest.

“Oh my, she’s just the cutest thing.” Jess says adoringly.

My blush deepens and I can feel the vibrations from Chases laugh against my cheek.

After my shy-fest was over I got to know everyone properly.

Apparently they all, including Tate, grew up together which is very obvious by the way they act around each other.

I have a permanent smile on my face watching them all interact as it reminds me of my brothers, Carter, Blake, Riley and I.

Michael Reel, or Mike, is the oldest out of the group at 25. He has a mate and is married but she couldn’t make it on their little spontaneous surprise trip to visit Chase and meet me.

His mate, Sarah and he met when she transferred to their school senior year. They immediately got together and haven’t been apart since. Which explains their 3 kids. Tyler, their oldest at 5, Bethany, their youngest at 4 and lil baby Reel that should be on his or her way in a few months.

Just watching the way he talks about his family warms my heart and gives me insane amounts of butterflies.

Chase and I haven’t really talked about having kids. Aside from my pregnancy scare we haven’t talked about starting a family. I wonder if he wants to have kids.

Of course I do my love. I can’t wait to be a dad!’ Chase says happily through our link.

I tear up and hold his hands that are wrapped around my middle. I look up at him to see him smiling down at me.