Bonus Chapter!

It was a cold winter morning. I was outside walking in the woods. The grounds blanketed with new-fallen snow. You could hear the small footfalls of my bare feet against the snowy ground. The cold-crisp air settled around me; making me feel alive and refreshed. Not knowing what I was doing out here in the woods I just continued to walk for it was a beautiful, silent, peaceful morning. I felt a cold spot on my check; and another. I look up to see that once again it’s snowing. I close my eyes and smile; letting the snowflakes fall freely upon my person. I hear light giggling when I realize that it’s me; it must be me. All too soon what started as a gentle snow fall turns into a blizzard and I can’t see in front of me. I’m stuck; frozen in place if you will. The light giggling turns into full manic laughter when

“AH!”

I’m jolted awake to see my brothers hovering above my bed laughing. Not really caring about them right now and just wanting to know why I’m so cold I find that my window is open. I move to sit up to ask my brothers what they’re doing in my room when I notice that I’m covered in a white blanket. But I don’t have a white blanket so I rub my eyes to try and wake up fully, my brother’s loud laughter helping a bit, when I see that it indeed is not a white blanket.

My jaw hits the ground. I look frantically between my brothers and my bed trying to make sense of what happened when I see the buckets that my brothers are hiding behind their backs.

I make eye contact with one of them and their laughter instantly stops; the other following.

“Run.” I say softly.

And they do.

As soon as they take off I jump out of my bed and follow behind them.

“I’m gonna get you, punks!” I yell after them.

Their laughter starts again.

“We know how much you love snow. We were just being good brothers.”

I shake my head and can’t help but laugh; silently though so that can’t hear me.

By the time I get to the stairs they’re already half way down it so I do the most obvious thing to do in a situation like this. I slide down the rail.

My feet hit the ground just in time to tackle one of them to the ground.

There was no way I could have taken him down but I thank him mentally for the added drama.

I “flip” him on his back and he has a huge grin on his face.

I hear laughter behind me and I can’t help but crack a smile.

“Admit it. We got you good.” My brother asked below me.

I put my finger to my chin and pretended to think.

“Yeah a pure classic.” My other brother added to their case; coming into my line of vision.