Chapter 16

"What's in it for us?" the man asked, grabbing a knife. 

Randeria remained calm, "The war wouldn't start. Like we said, we're in the process of starting it. We just need your help." 

"How would we help you?" 

"We need to use the secret passageway, to the other family's house. We have a member of that family who is with us. If you wish to see him, we can call him over." Randy waited for a response. 

Both men nodded, "We are aware Lucas is with you. He came to us earlier asking to cross our house. We denied access. What makes you think we won't deny it for you?" 

"Prove you have the prophesied girls, and we'll let you pass." a female spoke from the other side of the room. 

Emmie looked around, knowing that may be a horrible idea. She stood up and walked to the door. On the porch, she looked into the forest nervously, "Send Lucas, December, and Maya." she spoke loudly but it wasn't something unheard. 

Ashton and Hunter ended up coming with them, "What are you doing?" Randeria asked, "You coming is entirely risky!" 

"You think we're letting them come alone without extra guard? No way." Hunter spoke protectively. 

"They wanted us to prove we had you, before letting us pass through," Emmie informed, "you could have ruined this for us!" 

**December**

Something about the fact that they needed proof confused me. They should be able to know if it was a lie or not, they've been in enough situations. 

We all walked in cautiously, everyone walked in before Maya and I. A few more people walked in. This situation felt extremely threatening. 

"Get out of the way. Let us see them." They moved out of the way. 

He studied us for what seemed like ages. A knife was in his hand, and I knew that was making Maya nervous. He stepped back, "It's true. These are the descendants of Isabella and Aleece." 

Maya sighed a breath of relief, and looked at me with a small half smile. 

A woman grabbed me from behind and put a knife to my neck. The same thing happened to Maya, with a man. 

"That doesn't mean you're off the hook, however. Maybe the war won't start if we give the vampire council what they want." 

He took a step towards us, and Lucas put a hand on his shoulder and pulled him back, adding a punch in, "I'm warning you all to stay away from them."

"Like we should be afraid of you. You're only one person, and an ameture werewolf at that. You won't hurt us." The woman holding me snapped. 

"Just me? Oh no, I didn't mention I brought two vampires, a demon, and a fire eternal to the party?" Lucas smirked. 

We were surrounded by werewolves. I wasn't sure if we would get out of this one, not like we did with Alvah. 

Lucas shifted, Ashton and Hunter's fangs extended, Randeria's eyes turned black, and Emmie's hair started glowing, the room heating up. 

I watched as Randy shifted. Her eyes turned completely black, except for the pupils -- the pupils turned red. She grew peregrine-like wings, and she immediately jumped into battle. 

While she was distracted, I took the knife from the woman holding me and kicked her back. I extended my fangs and was ready to go.