Chapter 13

"Do you think I want to be here?" Ashton's voice grew a bit, as he shoved Lucas a bit. 

"You don't have to be," Lucas growled, shoving back. 

"Hey!" Hunter ran between the two, "Lucas, I understand you don't trust us, but we're all going for the same goal here. To keep Maya and December safe, as well as Emmie and Randy. As for you, Ashton. You need to not be as shady as you are with me. We're a team, guys. You need to learn to trust each other." He pushed them further apart angrily. His angry silver eyes bared into my purple eyes, "And how about you and Maya not run away. That would make it easier on all of us." 

"This is exactly why we wanted to! You're all arguing and staying with you all is dangerous!" I yelled, feeling my fangs graze my bottom lip as they grew. 

"Going on your own is just as dangerous, December. You have to believe us," Ashton tried.

"We aren't acting as a team. That's going to get us killed before anything else is," Randeria appeared, "Isa-- December and Maya are right. It is far too dangerous to stay together if all we're going to do is argue. We're vulnerable when that happens. They could have snatched any one of us while you were distracted. Good job to all of you." She looked at me, "You and Maya are staying. End of story." 

"Guys!" A bright light came from the camp. Emmie. 

"Oh God, what did I tell you?" Randeria glared at all of us before running to camp, us all following. 

A vampire had Emmie pinned to a tree, snarling. Emmie's hair was glowing, and it was a miracle the vampire wasn't giving up due to brightness. The air was getting warmer, no doubt from her. 

The vampire heard us approach and let Emmie drop to the ground, unconscious. He turned to us, "So it's true. Ashton and Hunter have betrayed the council." He chuckled and walked over to Maya, then looked to Hunter and Lucas, who had both stepped forward in alarm, "You think I'll hurt her? We need her. But you, wolf boy, hurting you is highly encouraged. You stepped on vampire grounds," he backhanded Lucas.

"Stop!" I yelled, pulling him away from Lucas. 

He chuckled devilishly and looked at me, "Wow, they're right. You look a lot like her. I'll tell you, though, some things never change. You're always the one in charge." 

"What do you mean?" I glared, trying not to show my utter confusion. 

"I'm tired of this chase, I've done it three times already with three different people looking exactly like you. Why don't we make this easy and you come with me." He smirked. 

I couldn't let him get into my head, "You're lying." 

"Give it up, Alvah, we all know you're lying. You're not leaving with December and Maya." Ashton took a protective step towards us, his eyes a deep purple. 

"That's where you're wrong because as we speak, the council is tracking me down. You're all done for." Alvah looked at Randeria, "Ah, once again you're here to help the prophesied pair. Second time now, isn't it? Of course, this isn't for the benefit of Maya or December. You're here because of your spark with Isabella. You know if she were here, she wouldn't be happy if you allowed them to be hurt."

I looked around, seeing if people were buying it. I thought there was a cap on that situation. 

"Randy is this true?" Hunter asked, looking at Randeria. 

"Stop this. You have no idea what you're talking about." Randeria snapped, shoving Alvah.

Emmie stopped Randeria, "This is what he wants." she spoke softly, looking at Alvah -- who was laughing. 

"Emmie, dear. I'm not finished with you."