Chapter 15

"No. We can't. Too risky." Randeria threw her hands up in frustration. 

"Then you come up with a plan, Randy." Ashton walked away, frustrated just like everyone else. 

"Ashton you're not the only one who's irritated. Get back over here." Hunter pulled him back over to the group.

Maya thought to herself, "Do you think if that family knew the situation, they'd at least let us through to go to your house?" Maya asked, looking at everyone. 

"We could give it a try, but we're going to have to be cautious about it. We already know what happened to Lucas last time." I looked over to Lucas, who still had my jacket sleeve wrapped around his head, "We can't risk that happening to him again." 

I guess Alvah was right, I do tend to take charge in this group, no idea why. Could it be in my blood from when Isabella was in the prophecy? 

"I have an idea," Emmie started, pacing, "Randy, you and I could go in to talk to them about 'business.' Then, while we're in there, speak about the prophecy and how it needs to be stopped. If they agree, we tell them we're already in the process of it and we need entry to the passageway. If they disagree, we pretend like we've run out of time and need to leave." 

"That actually isn't a bad idea," Lucas spoke, taking the sleeve off of his head. I noticed his wound was nothing but a small scab at this point, besides blood stains on the side of his face. 

"Alright, let's go. We don't want to stick around for Karayan and Gualtiero." I grabbed the book of council members, "Everyone ready?" 

**Third person, later in the night**

Emmie and Randeria knocked on the door of the house and looked back at the forest, where everyone else was waiting. 

The door opened, "Who are you?" a man asked. 

"Hello sir, my name is Emmie and this is my coworker Randeria. We're here to talk about your job income and other things. May we come in?" Emmie questioned, hoping the man bought the lie. 

"Uh... okay?" the man stepped aside so Emmie and Randeria could enter. He led them to the living room, "Wait here, please." 

Randeria looked around nervously, hoping the plan would work and they wouldn't get caught. Both she and Emmie sat down in the chairs provided. 

The man, along with another, walked in with glasses of water, "Care for a drink?" They sat down on the other side of the coffee table. 

"Yes, thank you." Randeria chugged the glass she was given, thirsty after going a long time without a drink. 

The men eyed her curiously, one of them finally speaking, "So what did you come here to discuss?" 

Emmie took a drink of her water, then set the glass down, "Do you know about the vampire prophecy? The one about the descendants of Isabella and Aleece, the vampire hunters who were supposed to start the war against you?" 

The first man lunged over the table and knocked her over, pinning her to the ground, "Who the hell are you? What do you know about us?"

"I know enough to know you're werewolves, and that prophecy is a danger to you," Randeria spoke for Emmie, "I also know enough to tell you we can stop it. Only if you help us, though." 

Emmie was released. With a straight face, she went back to her seat. 

"The prophecy is impossible to defeat. How could you help us?" 

"We have already changed it. Against the council's will, two rogue council members changed them -- the descendants. The vampire council is unable to control them as vampires." Randeria spoke again.

"The problem there is the fact that now, we're all running from the council. If they get a hold of us, we will no longer be able to protect them." Emmie added, noticing in the corner of her eye more people entering the room. 

This Totally BitesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara