Chapter 2

*December's POV*

*Three hours later*

So far so good at the party. Maya and I haven't gotten into an argument over vampires and werewolves so I guess that's good. I could tell that many people were for vampires than werewolves, and their fangs looked so real... almost too real.

I shook off the feeling and went to find Riss. Her fangs looked real, like a lot of the other people I was talking about.

"Riss, I think vampires are winning!" I said, smiling.

"Well what do you expect, we're awesome! I mean... they're awesome..." She corrected herself, a strange look in her eyes.  She turned back to the people she was talking to before.

I was so confused, "We're awesome?"  I thought to myself.

I went to her refrigerator and opened the freezer. I took out an ice cream sandwich because I needed food support so I could think.  That's the thing about being best friends with the party host: you can eat from their fridge.

Then, it dawned upon me, this is an actual vampire and werewolf party...

I went to find Maya, "Maya, we need to get out of here... there are actual vampires here!"

"Oh, and what's so wrong with that? I thought you liked vampires" She told me, and turned back to the guy she was hanging out with.

Then a person caught my eye. The guy that had run in front of my car earlier today. He was staring at me from next to Maya's little "friend". He had real fangs, as well. But another thing caught my eye about him; his brilliant shaded eyes. They were an amazing shade of dark red.

He walked up to me, and I felt a wave of nervousness come over me. If I was right about there being real vampires here, then I was about to die.

"Hey," He said, a small smirk on his face.

"Hey..." I replied awkwardly, unsure of how to go about the situation.

"I'm Ashton."

"December."

"Such a pretty name."

"Thanks..."

"So where are you from, December?"

"Um..." Should I lie to him? I mean he is possibly a vampire who is about to freaking bite me so why should he get to know anything about me besides my name?   

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to, I can tell you don't want to tell me."

"How can you tell?"

"It's pretty obvious..."

"Really?"

"Yep, it really is. You seem worried, what about?"

"Like you don't already know"

"You're right, I don't."

"You're a vampire, aren't you?"

He looked uncomfortable with answering my question, I guess there's my answer. "Point proven."

"What point?" He asked, still shifting uncomfortably. 

"The point that this party is to vampires' advantage so they don't have to run after their prey. And I can't get past the fact that you're about to kill me." I crossed my arms and stood my ground. 

"Who said I was about to kill you? Hunter is the one that does that I'm not ready for that,  and he's talking to Maya."

I gasped and looked across the room, at Maya and Hunter. He had offered Maya his hand and she took it. He was walking her outside.

"Maya!!" I yelled. But it was too late, the door was shut.