Chapter 3

(A/N: if I don't put who's POV, it is just assumed it is December's)

 I quickly stood up and ran for the door, bumping into a few people on the way out. This no good vampire boyfriend of Maya's was about to be in some real hurt. I got outside and saw that they were saying goodbye.

Did he already bite her?  I thought.

He left and Maya walked back to me, "Paranoid much?" She scoffed, irritated. Then she walked over to talk to Rissa. 

I walked back to Ashton, having more questions, "So what's your deal with not biting humans? I mean, I don't blame you but still."

"Why do you ask?" Ashton looked at me, his eye contact making me uncomfortable. 

"I'm just saying because all of your friends are doing it, and I figured you'd be into peer pressure at this point since you're who knows how old." I shrugged, tempted to drop all my questions, but I knew that's what he wanted me to do. 

"I'm actually quite surprised that Hunter didn't bite Maya, he usually bites all the girls he meets."

"You're changing the subject... that makes me mad when people do that."

"What's your problem? Can't handle one vampire? Out of the many you have seen here and you're lucky to have met the one that doesn't bite people. And you choose to get mad at him."

Lucas walked up to me, glaring at Ashton, "Is he bothering you, December?" He asked. I could sense the tension in the air, Ashton was glaring back.

"Awww.... you guys both look so cute when you're mad... over what you are, and what the other person is. Vampire and werewolf fight, so cute"

Lucas stopped glaring at Ashton and looked at me, "How do you know that?"

"Well, Ashton is a vampire so he's obviously on the vampire side of this party, that leaves the argument between vampires and werewolves, you guys seem mad at each other so either Lucas is a werewolf or he's the vampire that bit Ashton."

"Smart girl," Ashton said, "Yeah he's a werewolf"

"And that's why she's my best friend. You can go now. Bye."

Ashton walked away, mumbling curse words.

"December, are you ok? Did he hurt you? Did he bite yo-"

"Lucas, I'm fine, leave me alone about it"

"No, I'm serious you look a bit pale"

"Lucas, when did you start acting like my mother?!" I walked away, to Maya. "Leaving," I told her.

"Jeez, demanding much?" She asked, but still followed obediently.

I got in and started the car, and Maya got in, "What's your hurry?" She asked.

"Keeping my best friend safe from the werewolves and vampires"

"Is that what this is about?! The theme of the party!? You're the one who agreed to it!"

"No, not what I meant. Maya, there are real vampires and werewolves there, and that boyfriend of yours is one of them."

"You're so full of it"

"I'm sorry for saving your life"

"You're seriously lying to me after I had the best night of my life?"

"Don't fall in love with a vampire and then we'll talk about it."

The rest of the ride was silent. A tense kind of silent.

When we go to the house, we changed our clothes to where we didn't look as presentable. We walked into the house, it was ten o'clock.

Maya's parents were sitting on the couch watching t.v.. I'm a terrible liar so I hoped that Maya had this one.

"Hi mom, hi dad, we're back from Rissa's house. We had to finish a big upcoming project"

"Alright but you guys go upstairs and at least get ready for bed."

"Ok. Love you guys" she said.

"Love you too. Good night" We walked upstairs.

I checked my phone as we got into our room and shut the door. Turns out, the notification from earlier was a text from Lucas. A text warning, "Do NOT go to Rissa's party. It's not safe for you or for Maya." I guess it's a little late for that...

"Didn't know you guys wanted to run away from the party." A voice said from behind us.

We turned around to see Hunter and Ashton. Both of them had their fangs out.

Maya stepped forward but I pulled her back, "You're forgetting what I told you"

"Well "what you told me" is a bunch of bull so I guess we're even" she used finger quotes, pushing my hand off her shoulder and walking to Hunter.

Ashton walked up to me, fangs still out. "Now Ashton...... you don't bite people and you know that..." I said.

"What do you mean? That's my cover..."

Suddenly, everything went dark.