Chapter 4

I woke up with my hands tied together and my mouth duct taped shut. I wasn't sure where I was, I just know that it was dark.

That's when the door opened, and I saw how small the room was, with Maya on the other side. Hunter walked in, and I narrowed my eyes. If I could talk right now without being muffled, I would definitely say some words.

"Hello girls, about time you woke up" Hunter mumbled the last part.

They picked us up and stood us on our feet, "Follow Hunter" Ashton said.

We followed Hunter to a very isolating room downstairs. They shoved us into the room, both came in, and they locked the door (Which was for some reason able to be locked from the inside.)

They ripped the duct tape off of our mouths.

Ow.

"Listen, and listen closely," Hunter told us, looking to Ashton.

"I am not listening until we get answers!" I yelled.

"Ugh stubborn much? We were about to give you answers" Ashton rolled his perfect dark red eyes.

"I'm sorry I was kidnapped how ever long ago and want to know the reason why." I replied, my voice cold.

"You guys are both vampires. We bit you... because you were the two humans we were looking for, the ones that the council needed"

"What do you mean by "Ones the council needed"? Jeez I thought we could trust you two" Maya said.

"Told you." I said.

She mocked my tone of voice.

"You can trust us. We changed you to protect you, they needed you human."

"You expect us to believe that!?" Maya yelled, her eyes- which I hadn't noticed were now silver- turned white. Her fangs came out.

"Oh, I just told you both a story that ended in Ashton and I dying because the council killed us.... for no reason at all!" Hunter yelled, his white eyes turning into silver. Exactly the opposite of Maya... His fangs came out as well. They must both be mad.

"You must have made it up!" She yelled at him.

They stared at each other, angry, and it seemed like ages until Ashton and I both said "Oh jeez just kiss already while you're at it!"

We looked at each other weird, "Never do that again..." We said again.

"December!"

"Ashton!"

"Oooo maybe you two need to kiss already" Maya and Hunter said. "Darn it now they have us doing it!"

"Ok STOP!" Maya said.

"What exactly did they want us for?" I asked.

"It's actually quite simple, really. They were after the power you hold. But they could've only gotten it while you were human" Ashton replied.

"Power? What power?" Maya asked.

Ashton looked at Hunter as if to ask if they should say anymore. Hunter shook his head and they walked out, leaving us there.