Chapter 5

"What?! They can't just leave us here to think about this! I need answers and they better give me them!" I belted.

Maya, whose eyes turned back into the normal glowing silver, gave me a weird look, "Actually they can, and they just did. And I doubt they're gonna give us answers any soon."

I banged on the door. By the time I was finished banging, the door was extremely dented. I completely lost it.

Maya backed up- which wasn't a bad idea, because even as a human I had major anger issues.

"You can't keep us in here forever!!!" I screamed.

That's when the door opened and I ended up punching Ashton in the face- instead of denting the door again. You know what? Good, he deserved it.

His face filled with rage and he slammed me against the wall, lifting me a foot off the ground (Because he was like a foot taller than me).

"Okay princess if you're going to act like that you might want to consider knowing how to defend yourself against people of your own kind. Oh wait, I forgot, you're a fledgeling, you're weak and stupid. You forget that I'm three times as strong as you- if not more. And next time you want to get on my nerves go ahead, but you might not survive it. Don't piss me off."

He put me down back to the floor and I kicked him in the shin, running over to Maya's side of the room.

"Now Ashton, calm down. Remember, the point of saving them is to make sure they come out alive. Don't kill her before it even starts" Hunter laughed.

"Before what even starts" Maya questioned.

"Once they find out that you've changed, they'll be looking for you, and the people who changed you. This war probably won't ever quit. So ready yourselves." Hunter replied

"How can we even ready ourselves if you keep us locked in this room?!" I yelled.

"Ok can you shut the fuck up?! I'm a bit tired of you yelling it's extremely irritating and we could get caught!" Ashton yelled. His deeply red shaded eyes turned black, and his fangs came out.

My fangs came out and the room got tense. Then my phone started ringing.

From his pocket.

He smirked and pulled it out. It was Lucas.

I reached for my phone and he held it over his head, then clicked answer.

"Oh, hello Lucas," He said into the phone

*Lucas' POV*

"What have you done with them?" I asked, fighting my wolf from coming out.

"Oh, nothing, turned them into vampires, holding them hostage, physical and mental torture..."

"Ashton Hudson give me the damn phone!" December's voice demanded.

"No I'm scaring your stupid ass werewolf boyfriend" Ashton replied to her.

"He's not my boyfriend!" December yelled at the same time as I yelled "I'm not her boyfriend!"

*Maya's POV*

December's eyes went from purple to red, "He's not my boyfriend!" She yelled. That's when she shot out a sidekick and kicked him in the stomach, catching the phone after he dropped it- before it hit the ground. She brought it to me and put it by both of our ears.

"Lucas is that really you?" I asked.

"Of course it is. I need to know where you guys are, I'm coming to get you. Do you know?"

"Actually, Ashton, that isn't a bad idea. Wolf boy can come get the girls, take them to his place, and tell them everything they need to know. He obviously knows about them or else he wouldn't be as protective over them" Hunter stated.

"But what if I wanted to tell them?" Ashton replied.

"Since when have you wanted to tell them? You know what, whatever, we'll tell them. But girls, put Lucas on speaker"

"Whatever" December said, pressing the speaker button.

"Hey Lucas, you wanna protect the girls?" Ashton requested.

"Obviously. But how can I trust you bloodsuckers?" He asked.

"Umm... hurtful!" I hissed, "Keep in mind December and I are 'Bloodsuckers' too!" I used finger quotes around the word bloodsuckers

"Ooooh... Sorry M... Sorry Ember..."

December and I looked at each other, and then the phone, "Did you just call me Ember?" She asked.

"Yeah..... Because it's at the end of your name...?"

"Lucas you only ever call me Ember when something's up. What's wrong?"

*December's POV*

I started to get a little worried when he called me Ember... he only ever calls me that when he's upset with something.

Take two years ago, for example. I was in an extremely depressed state where I wouldn't talk- much even to Maya.

He visited me and I asked why he called me Ember, he said 'Because it's the end of your name'. I expected him to keep calling me Ember but it went back to December right after I got over my depression.

Then it went back to Ember when his girlfriend dumped him. It stuck for two days and was back to December.

It's the same for Maya. He usually calls her Maya, but if something is wrong, it'll be M. Just an M. So we knew there was a problem when he called us both different names.

"Nothing. Maybe another time... when you aren't in trouble. And Ashton, Hunter, if by making them vampires you put them in any more danger than they already are, you're dead. Both of you," Lucas replied, "Now give me the address."

Ashton gave Lucas the address and hung up.

"What the hell is wrong with that friend of yours?" Hunter questioned.

"It was your idea for him to take us to his house" Maya replied.

"It's wolf premises. Him and his entire family are werewolves. So when the council finds our you're vampires now they can't barge into his house demanding they give you to them." Ashton helped us understand.

I still didn't get it. There were a ton of flaws in this plan.

"Couldn't we get into trouble for being on wolf premises though...?" I inquired.

"What happens when his family figures out we're on their property?" Maya added.

"What if his family decides that we trespassed, so they need to turn us in?" I added to the list.

"What if-"

"I get it!" Hunter barked, "There are flaws! But it'll buy us time! We just need you guys a safe distance from here!"

"Then you could've left us home!" Maya and I both hissed.