Chapter Twenty-Seven

Prom was exactly one week away and I wasn't sure who was freaking out more, my mother or Anne.

"We have to make you a nail appointment and a hair appointment and we need to find some shoes. Oh my God, how did we not think of shoes?"

"And accessories, Lauren." Anne snapped her fingers, "Don't you have a necklace-"

"I'm sorry, but I'm still going to wear the necklace Harry got me for Christmas."

Anne smiled at me, "Of course, but she could still wear the bracelet and earrings, right Lauren?"

My mother smiled and nodded. She was really excited for this, and I guess I could see why. Her only child was going to prom.

"I say we make the nail appointment-"

"Can't I just paint them black and be done?"

My mother sighed and nodded, "If that's the case, then I'll do your hair. But we will be shopping for shoes later."

I nodded and Anne spoke, "I remember how happy I was for Gemma when she went, she looked absolutely beautiful."

She stood up, "I better be going, I'm surprised Harry hasn't caught the house on fire."

"Speaking of Harry, has he bought a tux?" Anne nodded, "Bought it this past weekend, took us ages. He's so lanky, we couldn't find the right size."

I could imagine Harry trying on suits, I bet he looked really good in one.

Anne hugged both of us before leaving. My dad came out of their room, "Is all the lady talk over?"

I nodded, "Yeah, it was awful."

"I bet." My mother slapped my dad on the arm, "Okay, okay sorry."

"I'm heading up to my room, what are we having for dinner?"

"Meatloaf."

"Oh." I wasn't too excited about that.

"You can call Harry if you want and go eat with him, I'm sure he wouldn't mind."

I smiled, "I might just do that."

When I got to my room, I messaged Harry.

 Feel like taking me out to eat?

Depends on where we'll be going.

Anywhere you want to go, I just want to get out of eating meatloaf.

Yeah okay. I'll be there in a minute.

By the time I had grabbed a jacket and put on my shoes, Harry was knocking on the door. I told my parents I was leaving and stepped out, greeting Harry.

"Hey."

"Hi." He quickly kissed me before leading me to his car. After getting in, we started on our way.

"I'm really feeling junk food, so is Taco Bell alright?"

"I feel like every time we go out to eat, we go to Taco Bell," I told him.

He shook his head, "No, that was one time. And you got food all in my car."

I shrugged, "Whoops."

He shook his head again, his hand finding mine and grabbing it. "I went shopping for tuxedos."

"I heard."

"Really?" He glanced at me.

"Yeah, your mother was at my house earlier."

"Oh." I nodded and asked him about his shopping problem.

"Yeah, they need to learn how to make longer sleeves." I laughed and squeezed his hand.

"Okay, we're here." Harry let go of my hand to turn into the parking lot. I got out and followed him in.

I stayed behind Harry as he ordered for both of us, my hand gripping his arm. The man at the counter told us it'd be a minute so in the meantime I grabbed a cup and went to fix a drink.

I picked a table in the back and sat down, playing with my straw as I waited for Harry to get back.

"Finally," I said as Harry sat down. We immediately started eating, only talking occasionally.

"Are we going to split the tickets for pr-"

"Already got it handled. I bought them a while back."

"Oh, so you assumed I would say yes?"

"No, but I was hoping." He smiled shyly at me, and he looked so cute that I just had to lean over and kiss him.

He leaned forward to kiss me again when I leaned back. I laughed and gave him, kissing him again.

"C'mon, let's get out of here," he told me, picking up the trash.

When we got back in the car, he turned to me. "Feel like going on a drive?"

I checked my phone. It was only seven and I had to be back at ten so I had spare time. I nodded and leaned back as Harry backed out.

"Where are we going?" I asked. Harry shrugged, "I don't know."

"Wow, so helpful." Harry smiled and continued to drive. Somehow we ended up in a grassy field, of course.

"Harry, are fields your specialty?"

"Maybe, we always end up being somewhere like this. Come on."

I got out and saw him laying on the front of the car. I climbed on the car and laid down beside him, closing my eyes, "This is peaceful."

I heard Harry quietly agree with me. And soon after that, I dozed off.

"Hey, wake up. Ella, wake up." I opened my eyes to see Harry standing beside me.

"Come on, get your cute little butt up, it's nine." I rolled off the top, almost falling. Harry caught me and held me up. "You look drunk."

I brushed my hair out of my face, "I'm sure I do."

Harry insisted that I wasn't stable enough to get in the car by myself so he helped me get in. After he got in, he started the car and we made our way back home. I must've fallen asleep again because Harry had to wake me up again.

"Jesus, Ella. It's Saturday, you're usually really hyper on these days." I rubbed my eyes with my hand and shrugged, "Sorry."

I got out and kissed him sleepily, "Thanks for taking me out."

"Anytime," he mumbled against my lips. I smiled and leaned away, waving before heading inside my house.

"Did you have fun?" My dad asked when I closed the door.

"Yeah, it was great. Goodnight."

My parents told me goodnight before I went to my room. I had a message from Harry telling me goodnight and after replying I changed and brushed my teeth. I laid down and played with my necklace a bit before falling asleep.

Hiiiiiiii ahh sorry for the late update. I got sick this past weekend and couldn't write but I'm on spring break right now so I wrote all day today. But anyway, this was a bit of a boring chapter, but that's only because the prom chapter is next! Who's excited? But guys, did any of you see the last Teen Wolf? Those last few minutes were super stressful omfg I cried so hard. And the season finale is tonight, I don't know if I'm ready. Comment and vote if you want. Also, tHANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 39K READS THAT'S INSANE YOU GUYS!