Chapter Sixteen

"So.. what are we doing today?" Harry slung his arm over my shoulder. It was a few days after Christmas and he had asked me to come over.

"What makes you think I want to do something with you?" I teased him.

He shrugged, "Because I'm Harry-"

"Good observation."

"-and I'm fun."

I laughed, "What does that have to do with anything?"

He thought for a while before shrugging again, "I don't know. I just wanted to say it."

"Let's go ice skating."

"What?"

I rolled my eyes, "Let's go ice skating."

"I'm not good at that kind of thing."

"That's cool," I told him, grabbing his arm. "We're going anyway."

Harry groaned, "But Ella."

"Just come on, I'll help you."

----

Two hours later, we were at the ice skating rink. I got out of Harry's car and skipped to the door. I refused to go to the rink in our town, people from school went there. It was nauseating.

"A little excited are we?"

"Just a bit."

"Come on," he told me, leading me in.

The man at the counter smiled at us when we got to him, asking for our shoe size. We both told him our sizes and he handed us our skates, telling us to have fun.

I took off my shoes and replaced them with skates before carefully walking to the ice.

"Hey, wait on me." I looked back to see Harry wobbling over to me. He had to hold on to the wall to balance himself.

"You're so slow."

"I'm not slow, I'm uncoordinated."

I laughed and grabbed his upper arm. "Come on."

I slowly helped him onto the ice, still gripping his upper arm. I tried not to think of the muscles under his tee shirt, but it was easier said than done.

"I don't think I can do this." I could tell Harry was panicking.

"And why not?"

"Because.."

"Because.. why?"

Harry looked over at me, "Well when I went ice skating for the first time, I broke my arm and I may be a little bit scared of skating."

I tried not to laugh but I failed and busted out laughing.

"Ella!"

"I'm sorry," I choked out in between giggles. "Okay, okay I'm done."

Harry huffed and crossed his arms over his chest, pouting. I tried to uncross them but he wasn't having it and turned the other way, which was equally funny because he couldn't move in his skates.

"I'm sorry for laughing, but that's a really unusual thing to be scared of."

"No it's not. Lots of people are scared of ice skating."

"Like who?" I challenged him.

Harry frowned and bent down, going to untie the laces.

"Just come on Harry. It's not that hard, you can even hold onto me."

He slowly stood up again and sighed, "Fine."

I moved over to him and grabbed his hand, helping him onto the floor. It was dark with a disco ball in the middle and all I could hear was laughter and music.

"Is the disco ball really necessary? I mean, we're not in the 70's anymore."

I laughed at Harry question and brought him out more. He hesitantly put his arms around my torso while I bobbed my head to the music. I started gliding on the ice and Harry's grip tightened.

"You're really good at this," he told me, putting his chin on top of my head.

"Thanks."

We went around the rink a few times before this lady stopped us.

"Oh, you guys are so cute!"

I looked up at Harry with a confused expression, but he just smiled at the lady.

"We're not.. together," I said to her.

She frowned, "Are you sure, honey?"

Harry carefully moved so he was beside me. "We're just friends."

She nodded, still eyeing us. "Oh, okay."

She patted my arm before skating away. Harry laughed and shook his head, "That was weird."

"Who even let her in? She was like ninety, she could get hurt in here."

"I don't know but we've been here an hour, can we leave? I'm hungry."

"Yeah sure."

I was hoping that we'd stay a few more minutes but Harry looked cute so I let him grip the back of my shirt and follow me to the carpeted area. I pulled my skates off and handed them to Harry so he would take them to the counter.

"Alright, where do you want to eat?" Harry asked me when we got in the car.

"Anywhere is fine with me."

"How about Taco Bell?" He asked me.

"I like Taco Bell."

"Can you find directions?"

"Why? It's right up there." I pointed to the huge sign and Harry muttered a quiet "oh".

"What do you want?" He asked, pulling up to the sign that had all the food on it.

"A taco."

"Well obviously."

"Just get me the same thing you get."

I decided to check my phone while Harry ordered and saw a missed call from my mother. I texted her and told her that I was with Harry and that we'd be home in an hour.

I jumped when I felt a bag hit my lap, along with some drinks. I peeked inside the bag and realized that all the tacos were plain. Well at least we have the same taste.

"How much do-"

"You're not paying," he said, lifting up slightly to take his wallet out of his back pocket. He paid and then we were on our way, my job being to hand Harry tacos.

"Just make sure that you don't get it in my.. car."

"Oops." I picked up the lettuce and put it back in the bag, accidentally letting some meat and tomatoes escape the taco too.

"Ella!"

"Sorry," I said, laughing.

This chapter is so bad, I'm sosososo sorry. But did you get my little joke with the taco? You know, Ariella has the same taste in tacos as Harry? No, okay that's cool. Comment if you want and vote (even though this chapter is the worst) and follow if you want. Thank you guys for almost 12k, I love you guys and I'm glad you like this (kinda cliché and weird) story. Oh yeah and I hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas and that you spent lots of time with your family and friends.