Chapter Two

I dedicated this chapter to writetospeak because she's an amazing author and her Locker 161 books are absolutely wonderful. As well as her other books.

"Harry will be here for the rest of the year, won't you Harry?"

Harry nodded and finally looked at her.

"Awesome! Pick a seat and I'll just get on with the lesson."

Harry didn't even look around, he just made his way to the chair beside me. He didn't even mind that I had my bag there, he just picked it up and set it on my desk.

I got a good look at him this time. He was attractive, there was no doubt about it. When he looked at me, I noticed his eyes were a vibrant green. I also noticed that his hands were huge when they went up to mess with his hair.

"Hi," he murmured, not looking at me.

I immediately turned back to the teacher.

I told myself not to think about how deep his voice was or how his lips looked when he talked.

I failed.

--

The bell rang and I took my time walking out of the classroom. Everybody else was pushing and shoving, making me slightly angry.

I felt someone's arm touch mine and I looked over to see Harry beside me. I brought the sleeves down further so they were covering my hands when I opened the door. My second class was on the other side of the school.

"It's cold isn't it?" Harry asked me, putting his hand in his jacket pocket.

"It is winter."

I meant for it to sound sarcastic but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Harry could be nice, I just can't jump to conclusions right away.

"Right," Harry whispered, a look of hurt flashing across his face.

"Sorry," I blurted. "I didn't mean to sound mean."

Harry smiled, "It's okay."

He jogged up ahead of me to open the door. For some unknown reason, I blushed. I could feel it, my cheeks were getting warm. I hoped he hadn't noticed it because my cheeks were already flushed because of the wind.

"Do you have History next class?" I asked him, my voice quiet.

Harry nodded and I looked down at the hallway floor. It was cold in this building too. I should've brought a jacket.

Me and Harry were quiet when we walked into the class. This was the first time I've talked to another student in the high school. Usually it's just Mrs. Lynn but Harry made me talk. Even if it was just a few sentences.

"What is with the skirts?" Harry whispered, sitting down beside me.

"It's their thing. Along with being tall. Well taller than me."

"Anybody's taller than you," Harry teased.

I frowned and opened my notebook, drawing on a new sheet of paper.

"I was just kidding," Harry mumbled, leaning closer to me.

I nodded and continued drawing.

"You're not going to talk to me now?"

"I don't talk to anybody."

"Why not?" He questioned.

"I just don't want to. I don't want to turn into them."

"Oh."

And with that, the conversation was over.

"Hey honey! How was school?" My mum hugged me when I walked in the door.

"The same it's always been, boring."

"Cheer up, sweets. It'll get better."

My mum always calls me sweets. It's been a nickname ever since I was nine.

I sighed and put on the gloves and hospital coat. My job was to wash the animals and to be honest, it was my favorite thing to do. I liked petting the little animals that came through.

I loved where my parents worked. They were the only animal hospital that people came to. Even people in the city came here. Well it wasn't that far from here to the city so I guess that's why they came.

My mum handed me a kitten, "The family wants her washed and groomed before we give her a shot."

I nodded and began working on her, whispering to her every now and then.

--

When I got home that night, I was surprised. The house next to mine had their lights on. No one lives in that house.

I saw hands draw back the curtain and my eyes widened just a bit.

No effing way.

Harry lives in the house next to me. Well isn't this just great.

When he saw me looking at him, he waved and smiled really big. How can he be so happy?

 He looked like he was thinking and then he snapped his fingers. I watched as he started writing and when he was finished, I read it.

Hi :)

I didn't write back, but I did wave. I gave him a small smile as I closed my curtains.

I started on my homework not soon after. This is always how my day goes.

I'd go to help my parents after school, come home and eat, then do my homework. If I had some free time, I'd read or go on the computer.

My life was nowhere near as 'fun' as everybody else's. But I doubted that their lives were really that amazing. Not every girl in this town went shopping every weekend, I was sure of it.

After finishing my homework, I sat down on my bed and thought about Harry.

He didn't seem that bad, he actually seemed like a fun person to be around. But I didn't want to be friends with him just yet. I wanted to see if he would change like everybody else.

I had a feeling deep inside me that he wouldn't change. I hoped that he didn't. He was fine just the way he was. Better than any teenager in this place.

Even if I didn't want to admit it.

Okay so thank you so much for stopping by and reading this story if you are. I hope you like it and if you could, could you vote and comment? I'll dedicate the next chapter to a commenter. Oh and thank you to the lovely person that commented first. I totally agree with you. Again, thank you for reading and please comment. It makes me so so so happy!