Chapter Twenty

"So school starts next week." Harry sat on my bed, playing with the edges of my covers.

"Ugh, don't remind me."

"Why? I love school."

"It's not that I hate school, it's just that I hate the people who go to our school."

"Aw, don't be like that." Harry gently pushed me and I rolled my eyes.

It was silent for a few moments before Harry coughed awkwardly.

"Um so I want to take you out on a date."

"Oh really?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah. I mean, if you want to." Harry shifted nervously, something I found to be cute.

"I want to."

"Cool." He smiled and kissed me softly. "I've got to get going. I was supposed to be home ten minutes ago."

I nodded and followed him downstairs. My parents were sitting on the couch, but stood up when they saw Harry.

"Bye honey." My mother hugged him and my dad patted him on the back before he left.

When I got back up to my room, my phone was lit up with a message.

I was thinking that we should have our date tomorrow if you want. xx

Yeah that'd be fine.

Great, goodnight Ella. xx

Wait, where are we going?

It's a surprise. xx

Ugh, fine. Goodnight Harry.

--

"What time is Harry coming to pick you up?"

"How do you know about that?" I gave my mother a look and she stiffened.

"I don't know."

"Were you spying on us?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Well you are my daughter.."

"I can't believe you." I shook my eyes, but still smiled. My mother shrugged and asked the question again.

"I don't know," I told her as my phone buzzed.

Be ready in about an hour, please.xx

"Oh, an hour."

"You have to get ready, then!" My mother pulled me up from my sitting position and ushered me up the stairs.

I took a quick shower before going to my closet. I had a feeling we wouldn't be going anywhere fancy so I picked out a long-sleeved shirt and some jeans. After lacing up my shoes, I brushed through my hair.

As much as I hated wearing makeup, I put on some eyeliner and mascara. I didn't want to look horrible on the date. I was putting on lip balm when the doorbell rang.

I knew my mother had answered when I heard her cheery voice.

"Come on in, I'll go get Ariella."

I met her at the top of steps and she squeezed my arm, whispering a "have fun" before going into her room.

Harry smiled when he saw me, reaching forward and grabbing my hand.

"You look absolutely gorgeous."

I blushed and mumbled a thank you before following Harry out to his car.

"Where are we going?" I asked, buckling my seatbelt.