Chapter Eight

Dedicated to zeppelins because she's an amazing writer.

The next morning when I woke up, I had a killer headache and a sore throat.

Stupid rain.

I wanted to stay in bed and not go to school but my mother gave me some medicine and made me get out of bed.

"But-" My voice was scratchy and I winced as it started burning.

"No but's. If I didn't have to go to work, you would stay here. But I'm just worried about you being here alone."

I nodded slowly and she walked out of my room.

After I took a long shower and grabbed my bag, I headed downstairs. My mother had fixed me breakfast and was sitting at the table.

"Eat up, I'm driving you to school."

"But Harry-"

"-has already left for school. Now get going."

I ate my breakfast quickly and let my mother drive me to school. I was surprised that Harry had already left. Was he mad at me? He didn't seem to be yesterday when he ran out in the rain to give me a hug.

Which is probably what made me sick.

I brought an ice cold water bottle with me, hoping it would help with the throat, but so far it hasn't did anything.

And my headache was still killing me.

Fabulous.

When I walked in the doors, the first thing I saw was a group of girls in the far corner staring at me.

Oh great, what have I done now?

I brushed past them and went to my locker, grabbing my English binder and walking to class.

When I got there, the lights were off. I didn't think anything of it but when I felt arms wrap around me, I almost screamed.

Almost. My throat was still hurting.

"Gotcha," Harry whispered to me.

I punched him in the arm before turning the light on. Harry looked at me with a confused expression and I gave him one back.

"What's wrong?"

"My throat hurts," I whispered. It still sounded scratchy even when I started whispering and I reached for my water bottle.

"Oh. Is there anything I can do to help?"

I shook my head and Harry walked over to me. He started hugging me really tight and I closed my eyes when he ran his fingers through my hair.

"It'll be better before you know it," he murmured in my ear.

He let go of me and sat down in his desk while I sat down in mine.

This is seriously going to be such a long day.

--

It was lunchtime when I started to get tired and drowsy. I'm not sure if it was because of the medicine my mum gave me or if it was because I was sick.

Or maybe both.

I didn't go outside for lunch because the wind would've mad me feel worse, so I went and say down in front of my locker.

Harry sat down with me and I put my head on his shoulder.

It might've looked weird, a girl and boy just sitting in the hallway but I didn't care. I was so tired.

"Are you okay, Ella?" Harry asked me cautiously.

"I'm.. fine."

To be honest, I did feel a little light-headed but it seemed to go away a little bit when I sat down with Harry.

He seemed to make everything better.

"No, you're not. Come on, you need to go home."

"I'm fine Harry, really. We only have three more classes left."

Harry sighed and nodded, "Well okay."

The bell rang and I slowly got up, heading to my third class with Harry beside me watching my every move.

"Harry, I'm not going to just pass out. You don't have to watch me like that."

Harry looked away awkwardly and nodded. I didn't know if I upset him or not because I couldn't see his face.

I quickly grabbed his hand with mine and looked away, acting as if nothing had happened. He quickly turned to look at me and out of the corner of my eye, I saw him smile and look down.

I noticed everybody looking at our hands and they must've thought we were a couple.

Oh well, let them think what they want.

--

Harry watched me as I looked outside, a frown on my face. My mother never thought about what I was going to do once school was over.

Harry shrugged off his big jacket and handed it to me. I didn't take it and immediately started protesting.

"Nope, I'm not taking it. What will you do then?"

"I'm wearing a sweater and I have another jacket, trust me. I'll be fine."

I reluctantly took it and put it on, immediately sighing when I became instantly warmer.

Seriously, Harry needed to stop being so warm.

Harry shrugged and took my hand, "No problem."

While we were walking back to my house, Harry started speaking.

"Don't you think it's a little weird that we hold hands, yet we're not a couple?" He said it so casually that I almost started choking on air. How can he just bring that up so casually?

"I- no I don't think so," I said slowly.

Harry nodded and looked ahead of us, "Okay."

"Why? Do you think it's weird?"

"No, I actually like it."

I felt my cheeks flush at the comment. Harry kept walking and humming to himself. I almost fell asleep listening to him but I didn't because that would be bad.

Well obviously.

I swear, sometimes I'm so clueless.

Harry looked over at me and smiled, showing his teeth. He seems like he knows something I don't.

I eyed him suspiciously, "What?"

"Does your throat hurt?"

It was then that I noticed that my throat wasn't as sore as it was before. Progress.

I shook my head and we walked up to my house.

"Good, I really don't like it when you're sick. I was afraid that you would pass out any second.

I smiled faintly, "No, I just get really tired when I'm sick."

"I noticed."

"Bye Harry."

I gave him his jacket back and hugged him before heading inside.

My mum sat in the kitchen when I got inside.

"Hey why didn't you come pick me up?"

"Well I met Harry's mother today and we decided to have dinner with over there tonight. I know you and Harry will be delighted to see each other," she teased with a smile.

I tried hiding my smile, "Yeah mum okay, I'll go."

I've updated both of my stories this weekend and I am proud of myself. Anyway please comment and vote and follow me if you'd like. And tell me if you like the story so far, I feel like I'm rushing it so if I am, tell me and I'll tone it down a bit.